North Stand Expansion

You know people in ambulant zones can stand too, right? They are not wheelchair spaces, or is that group necessarily seat bound. It is more about their proximity to facilities, than it is about being sat down. They are there because of the ease of access to movement routes, toilets, etc, not because the 648 arent expected to budge in front of them.
I didn’t know what it meant myself so googled and got this.

What does ambulant person mean?
able to walk about
Definitions of ambulant. adjective. able to walk about. synonyms: ambulatory mobile. moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place)

So yes, you’re right.

Might not be a popular opinion here but I don't think City need more season card holders. I think the club would much prefer the percentage of season card occupancy to be more at the levels of the rest of the big 6. Does anyone have any official figures on season card percentages from the big 6? I saw a comment saying City have 70% vs Spurs 40% but I'm not sure how accurate that is. If the M.E.N are correct about the general sale tickets being sold out in record time and the demand skyrocketing, then the vast majority of empty seats, when there are any, are no-shows.

I'm not sure how the club can tackle it best. Would a proper, fit for purpose loyalty system, that includes your match attendance work? Negative points for not putting your seat on the exchange in time? Maybe look at how things are done in Germany.

Last edited:
I didn’t know what it meant myself so googled and got this.

What does ambulant person mean?
able to walk about
Definitions of ambulant. adjective. able to walk about. synonyms: ambulatory mobile. moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place)

So yes, you’re right.

It covers a whole range of disabilities and impairments which sometimes leads to confusion with 'disabled' (accessible) provision and spaces. But in effect it is a fully mobile user group. Some may need to get to the toilet quicker to empty a colostomy bag, some may have impairments that slow down their escape hence they are closer to an exit route and so on. The seating provision is generally more about location relative to amenities, not about extra space or offset to other users.

In fairness, there are only limited areas they Can be located, by default, it has nothing to do with whether it is hospitality or ultras in front of them.

You know people in ambulant zones can stand too, right? They are not wheelchair spaces, or is that group necessarily seat bound. It is more about their proximity to facilities, than it is about being sat down. They are there because of the ease of access to movement routes, toilets, etc, not because the 648 arent expected to budge in front of them.

I'm fully aware of that. I did point out the importance of access on the front rows of Ambulant seating on the 2 lower outer blocks.

I'm inclined to think people with mobility issues would rather sit down and watch the match without the having to stand up.

I appreciate people with mobility issues have to to get drink, food, and to go to the toilet just like everybody else.

Maybe somebody who needs and has access to Ambulant seating at the Etihad could shed some more light on their requirements on a match day.

I'm fully aware of that. I did point out the importance of access on the front rows of Ambulant seating on the 2 lower outer blocks.

I'm inclined to think people with mobility issues would rather sit down and watch the match.

I appreciate people with mobility issues have to to get drink, food, and to go to the toilet just like everybody else.

Maybe somebody who needs and has access to Ambulant seating at the Etihad could shed some more light on their requirements on a match day.

They are not all 'mobility' issues though. It can include impaired hearing (for alarms), diabetes, poorer sight on one side, epilepsy, cancer, a whole range of issues and conditions. If anything, they generally exclude mobility issues where instead accessible spaces are offered.

Not all people with ambulant needs necessarily take up ambulant seating. Some happily sit in general. Not all of those rows need to be filled with or reserved for people with conditions either.

Might not be a popular opinion here but I don't think City need more season card holders. I think the club would much prefer the percentage of season card occupancy to be more at the levels of the rest of the big 6. Does anyone have any official figures on season card percentages from the big 6? I saw a comment saying City have 70% vs Spurs 40% but I'm not sure how accurate that is. If the M.E.N are correct about the general sale tickets being sold out in record time and the demand skyrocketing, then the vast majority of empty seats, when there are any, are no-shows.

I'm not sure how the club can tackle it best. Would a proper, fit for purpose loyalty system, that includes your match attendance work? Negative points for not putting your seat on the exchange in time? Maybe look at how things are done in Germany.

Getting information on Liverpool's season tickets and match day tickets breakdowns is quite easy on Google

Apparently Liverpool have 27,000 season ticket holders.

Liverpool fans have hit out at the club’s decision to reduce the number of season tickets allocated for the new Anfield Road Stand expansion.

The stand expansion will mean an extra 7,000 supporters can cram inside Anfield, the development is due for completion in the summer, but fans say they are confused.

In a statement on the club’s website, Liverpool announced the breakdown on the club web site: “1,000 new season tickets, 3,000 general admissions, a new young adults section in the lower tier, most expensive single adult ticket to cost £54 and the cheapest being £30.

They are not all 'mobility' issues though. It can include impaired hearing (for alarms), diabetes, poorer sight on one side, epilepsy, cancer, a whole range of issues and conditions. If anything, they generally exclude mobility issues where instead accessible spaces are offered.

Not all people with ambulant needs necessarily take up ambulant seating. Some happily sit in general. Not all of those rows need to be filled with or reserved for people with conditions either.

I'll take your word for it Coatigan. I'm not getting into a 12 round boxing match with you. :-) Last night went the distance with you and Bluesmith.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.