North Stand Expansion

Getting absolutely fucking pissed off with these types of posts now, what the actual fuck has this got to do with 'The North Stand Expansion' ... Take this shite elsewhere.

If you read my post properly, replying to nmc, instead of getting all emotional, I was highlighting fans standing and sitting on NSL2 and the possible issues that may cause. An example of that was in block 109 highlighted by the description and by the video.

Apart from being pissed off with me, have you got anything honest and constructive you’d like to add to the North stand discussion?

Getting information on Liverpool's season tickets and match day tickets breakdowns is quite easy on Google

Apparently Liverpool have 27,000 season ticket holders.

Liverpool fans have hit out at the club’s decision to reduce the number of season tickets allocated for the new Anfield Road Stand expansion.

The stand expansion will mean an extra 7,000 supporters can cram inside Anfield, the development is due for completion in the summer, but fans say they are confused.

In a statement on the club’s website, Liverpool announced the breakdown on the club web site: “1,000 new season tickets, 3,000 general admissions, a new young adults section in the lower tier, most expensive single adult ticket to cost £54 and the cheapest being £30.

So that's around:

46% for Liverpool at Anfield, based off their being 28k ST holders(27k + 1k added with the increased capacity),

67% for Arsenal at the Emirates. based off there apparently being 40k ST holders in 2023.

67% for United at Old Trafford, based off there being 50k ST holders in 2023.

69% for Cheslea at Stamford Bridge, based off there being 28k ST holders in 2023.

Spurs are a weird one, 40% would put them lowest but I can't find any figures to support that. In fact, Simon Jordan seems to think there are 50k season ticket holders. That would put their season cards at around 80% of capacity, which would be the highest but I suspect he's wrong.

The only figure I could find for City was 40k from 2017, assuming that's not changed since then(Arsenal's have lowered theirs by 5k)...

That would put City's ST holders seats at around 75% of the current capacity. Alternatively, that's around 65% of the new capacity.

Liverpool and possibly Spurs appear to have the least in the big 6 by a distance. I think City's is probably highest but the difference to Liverpool isn't the norm. Maybe that's a sign of where things are heading though.

Last edited:
So that's around:

46% for Liverpool at Anfield, based off their being 28k ST holders(27k + 1k added with the increased capacity),

67% for Arsenal at the Emirates. based off there apparently being 40k ST holders in 2023.

67% for United at Old Trafford, based off there being 50k ST holders in 2023.

69% for Cheslea at Stamford Bridge, based off there being 28k ST holders in 2023.

Spurs are a weird one, 40% would put them lowest but I can't find any figures to support that. In fact, Simon Jordan seems to think there are 50k season ticket holders. That would put their season cards at around 80% of capacity, which would be the highest but I suspect he's wrong.

The only figure I could find for City was 40k from 2017, assuming that's not changed since then(Arsenal's have lowered theirs by 5k)...

That would put City's ST holders seats at around 75% of the current capacity. Alternatively, that's around 65% of the new capacity.

Liverpool and possibly Spurs appear to have the least in the big 6 by a distance. I think City's is probably highest but the difference to Liverpool isn't the norm. Maybe that's a sign of where things are heading though.
Our total number of SC holders has changed since 2017. The 40k number was only ever an estimate as even CM reps can't be told the exact number apparently. No new ones have been issued for the last two seasons so all non-renewals have gone to match day. It could be that the club were not releasing them one to one before then too. My guess is that we currently have around 35k and I doubt that the overall number will increase by much even when the expanded NS opens as other level 2 areas will be made hospitality and SC holders will have to move.

@jrb video of the fourth crane

Thanks for posting Lexstar.

There’s not much point in me taking pictures tomorrow now the latest drone video has been posted on the thread.

I’m off work all week next week so I’m going to go later on in the week when the 4th crane has been fully erected.

Have to say, it does look like a proper construction site now. :-) One more crane to be erected. The Sisk Group person I spoke to a few weeks ago was absolutely spot on about the cranes being erected over the coming weeks. Many thanks, whoever you are?

Last edited:
The lift pits give a good sense of scale and placement, on the hotel side. The way the safety walkways are placed on the steel tower at this point makes me think they are leaving space for removing the existing stanchion, and might not get the floor decks in till after that happens.

Went to Derby dat yesterday. Craned my neck looking at all the cranes. Some work going on there! Our neighbours, the Athletic Stadium and Home of Manchester sport need to up their game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.