North Stand relocation while the stand is expanded

They’re not pulling out the corner bits of the roof this time. Maybe a lesson learned with how bad those ‘temporary’ South Stand corners look.
The corners have started leaking again when it rains heavy, not great all round.

Talking about this at the match the other night, I’m assuming they are removing the roof and the building the back of the stand into the north stand, so the corporate boxes will also go, fuck know show they will do this either you’re going to get pissed wet through for a year or two or they will allocate around the stadium leaving less tourist’s spots. They may well be able to do it without disturbing the second tier until post season and then join it up(I’m no engineer).
Works to the boxes started yesterday.

The corners have started leaking again when it rains heavy, not great all round.

They should consider putting a permanent solution in for those corners. Obviously an upgrade there could still be pulled down if needed, even if less easily than the current ‘temporary’ efforts.

If I remember correctly they built the new South Stand roof over the old one before removing the old one. The only Blocks they closed were the ones on either side of the Stand. Can't remember how long they were closed.

Talking about this at the match the other night, I’m assuming they are removing the roof and the building the back of the stand into the north stand, so the corporate boxes will also go, fuck know show they will do this either you’re going to get pissed wet through for a year or two or they will allocate around the stadium leaving less tourist’s spots. They may well be able to do it without disturbing the second tier until post season and then join it up(I’m no engineer).

They didn’t tinker with the roof with the South stand last time until the majority of the structure was built and took the existing roof out in preseason. They put boards in front of the suite at the back of the south stand and then removed it. I will imagine a few rows of seats will need to go though.

This is how the South Stand was expanded very similar for North Stand

They didn’t tinker with the roof with the South stand last time until the majority of the structure was built and took the existing roof out in preseason. They put boards in front of the suite at the back of the south stand and then removed it. I will imagine a few rows of seats will need to go though.

They completely removed the corners of the roof at the beginning of construction and cut away the back section of the roof as well.

Someone mentioned that the back two rows only have to relocate from the North Stand and this is correct and already underway, finishing next Friday the 15th March. So that's rows P and R being relocated for the next two seasons from the start of 2024/25.

The new roof will be constructed in a similar style to how the South Stand was constructed, so keeping the fans covered as much as is possible but also as mentioned, the corners are being finished differently. Apparently the hierarchy are still livid at how those corners of the South Stand were allowed to be constructed, thus preventing permanent seating in both and also a large screen from being installed in the SE corner as intended. They may be altered again if/when the East and West Stands are expanded as they are only temporary structures independent of the South Stand roof, held up by pillars.

I am also led to believe, that tip-up seats not rail seating will be installed to level two of the North Stand. This has not yet been confirmed so may not be correct, but it is current thinking. I know of supporters being relocated who have been told this as they want to move back to a similar position as now when the two years are over. The front wall of level two would certainly need to be raised or railed in some way if standing is to be permitted there, as the wall is very low and images released so far by the club do not show this. Whether rail seating will be installed elsewhere is anyone's guess, maybe level 1 North Stand and move the Family Stand somewhere?

Don't shoot the messenger please!

Someone mentioned that the back two rows only have to relocate from the North Stand and this is correct and already underway, finishing next Friday the 15th March. So that's rows P and R being relocated for the next two seasons from the start of 2024/25.

The new roof will be constructed in a similar style to how the South Stand was constructed, so keeping the fans covered as much as is possible but also as mentioned, the corners are being finished differently. Apparently the hierarchy are still livid at how those corners of the South Stand were allowed to be constructed, thus preventing permanent seating in both and also a large screen from being installed in the SE corner as intended. They may be altered again if/when the East and West Stands are expanded as they are only temporary structures independent of the South Stand roof, held up by pillars.

I am also led to believe, that tip-up seats not rail seating will be installed to level two of the North Stand. This has not yet been confirmed so may not be correct, but it is current thinking. I know of supporters being relocated who have been told this as they want to move back to a similar position as now when the two years are over. The front wall of level two would certainly need to be raised or railed in some way if standing is to be permitted there, as the wall is very low and images released so far by the club do not show this. Whether rail seating will be installed elsewhere is anyone's guess, maybe level 1 North Stand and move the Family Stand somewhere?

Don't shoot the messenger please!
If true.
What a f*cking shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.