Northern Ireland vs. Wales attendance

I was up around the stadium at around kick off. Even if they wanted to give away the tickets there would be no takers. I said in a earlier tread the tickets are too pricey coming into summer holidays people will be saving up for a summer holiday more than paying €20 tonight to watch 2 teams not worth watching. The Irish fans are getting ripped off €30 a pop for each game way to much money. There rivals in the summer for fans is the GAA. I bought a ticket for 2 championship games on the same day for €15 half the price of a Ireland game. Even those games wont be sold out because of the recession and the prices of tickets.

In the summer the Aviva Cup or whatever they are calling it. They done a smart thing getting Celtic over with the amount of Celtic fans here and expect to see a decent crowd each day. The locals may well give it a miss if the Dubs are on the same day as it would be All Ireland Quater finals weekend. Everywhere over here is getting hit big time sporting wise people are choosing more about the games they can get to and giving the rest a miss.

As for the Cup itself they shouldnt hold all the games in the 1 country take it in turns to hold a set of the games. IF England do join it next time around it will be a change to the way it is. Having 2 needless friendlies at the end of a season is pointless all teams get hit with players pulling out. Sky I think has signed a deal for 2 tournaments so there will be another 1 but it needs to be done over a season not 3 months.

A lot of Northern Ireland fans have boycotted in protest of the many Northern Ireland born players that have and are being poached by the republic team
still a shit turnout though
loved earnshaws celebraton like it was the winning goal in world cup final no mate you may as well be on hough end

noely said:
A lot of Northern Ireland fans have boycotted in protest of the many Northern Ireland born players that have and are being poached by the republic team
loved earnshaws celebraton like it was the winning goal in world cup final no mate you may as well be on hough end
Won't it only be Irish nationals who choose to play for the republic?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
noely said:

More and more Catholics are choosing to play for Ireland. There is not a lot N Ireland can do under the Good Friday agreement everyone on the Island of Ireland is entitled to have a Irish passport so if they want to play for Ireland they are aloud to do so. I think most of those players who have changed all were catholics and must of seen the shit that happend to Lennon and thought they would be better off playing for Ireland instead of the hassle of playing for N Ireland.

I have always stated this and will always state it that long term there is no future for N Ireland and if they keep going to FIFA or UEFA about this they may force there hands and make it 1 team in Ireland. I wouldnt mind seeing it happen and a overhaul of both leagues would benefit all the teams and it cuts out all the shit about robbing players.

leighton said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
noely said:

More and more Catholics are choosing to play for Ireland. There is not a lot N Ireland can do under the Good Friday agreement everyone on the Island of Ireland is entitled to have a Irish passport so if they want to play for Ireland they are aloud to do so. I think most of those players who have changed all were catholics and must of seen the shit that happend to Lennon and thought they would be better off playing for Ireland instead of the hassle of playing for N Ireland.

I have always stated this and will always state it that long term there is no future for N Ireland and if they keep going to FIFA or UEFA about this they may force there hands and make it 1 team in Ireland. I wouldnt mind seeing it happen and a overhaul of both leagues would benefit all the teams and it cuts out all the shit about robbing players.

They're quite right to play for the Republic.
NI are making out like the Republic are nicking all the best players and leaving them with the shit. They're not, players are just choosing to play for a country they're citizens of.
I can't see the orange side in the north being happy about an all Ireland team, but it's be best for both sides I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.