Northern Ireland.

Have any of you done any traveling in the border counties? South Armagh in particular.

I served there during the troubles, I would love to go back as it's a beautiful place, but just concerned how my English accent would go down in the likes of Crossmaglen and Forkhill.

Have any of you done any traveling in the border counties? South Armagh in particular.

I served there during the troubles, I would love to go back as it's a beautiful place, but just concerned how my English accent would go down in the likes of Crossmaglen and Forkhill.
Not been there but all the places i have visited, north and south, the people have been lovely. We drove down the Falls road last week,its a totally different place to those awful images years ago. I would go back in a heartbeat. I may not get time as the next item on my list is Mount Rushmore, now that will be a mission,I'll do it but its a toughie.

We stayed on the Irish side of the border in Leitrim last week. It was beautiful, very bucolic with the shannon running through it and hundreds of lakes. My wifes great, grandparents came from the area so we were able to visit the church they were married in 1877. I would definitely go back and spend more time.

You'll be grand....you might wanna hold back on telling everyone you served / toured there, but as a tourist you'll be fine. Also, theres nicer places to visit than those parts of Armagh :-)

If you’re doing NI in a campervan, there is a pub The Smugglers Inn within walking distance (for us) of Giants Causeway that will allow you to overnight in their car park if you have a few jars and a meal in the pub. Btw the Causeway is free, the National Trust charge is for parking only and it was like a zoo when we stopped by in July.
Im regularly there....will be again in a couple of weeks, we often camp at Rossnowlagh

Heres a couple of photos of the view from Smugglers from a couple of weeks ago....personally, i prefer the Gaslight next door :)

8b17399669674083f1ca8771c979acb2.jpg
6fca7ae494aa3c7564f22de03eb80858.jpg
68bed799784fee8c5844998d96a7ee6b.jpg

Had the pleasure of staying at the Slieve Donard and playing Royal County Down a few years back .... absolutely awesome!
Tiger Woods' favourite UK course - so he says anyway. Sadly doesn't have the infrastructure to host the open, although I suppose Port Rush didn't a few years ago either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.