Norway in December?

Tricky_Trev

Anyone been? Trying to work out whether it's worth going or not? Sunlight is an issue, I imagine. Maybe 4 or 5 hours of sunlight per day? The reason I ask is because I have seen return flights to Oslo for a tenner. Yes, a tenner. Can't even get a taxi home from town for that! Obviously it's cheap for a reason, it's off-season, not many people go. So does anyone know if it's worth it? Just looking for advice! Cheers

Will be bollock freezing and expensive, but for a tenner (Ryanair special?) to get there and back you can't really go wrong. I've only been to Stavanger not Oslo, but if Oslo is as pleasant as other Scandi capitals then you'll be fine.

Don't forget your gloves, and credit card.

Are you fucking mental? 10 quid to visit one of the worlds stunning capitals? And you are worried about 5 hours of daylight?

Stay at home mate, travelling isn't for you.
I've been travelling for the last 15 months, will be living and working in Asia next year, I don't need you to tell me what is and isn't for me. I mention the daylight because I always imagined going to Norway and exploring the fjords. Whilst hiking in the dark with head torches is a novelty at first, I'd much rather see the scenery. So my thought process was whether I should wait for a better month or if I should be impatient and just go in December.

I've been travelling for the last 15 months, will be living and working in Asia next year, I don't need you to tell me what is and isn't for me. I mention the daylight because I always imagined going to Norway and exploring the fjords. Whilst hiking in the dark with head torches is a novelty at first, I'd much rather see the scenery. So my thought process was whether I should wait for a better month or if I should be impatient and just go in December.
Just fucking go. It's 10 fucking pounds. Or get a cab into town. Mr adventurer.

I've been to Iceland in the winter. You just need to plan your touristy bits for the light. After that it doesn't really matter in the pub.

£10 we should all go

Just fucking go. It's 10 fucking pounds. Or get a cab into town. Mr adventurer.
Cheap to get there, yes. But as expensive as anywhere on the planet once there. So if it's a questionable time of year to go, it's not such a trivial expense really. And that brings me back to why I was asking if anyone here has been to Norway in winter. And if they have, I'd be keen to know whether they were still able to do everything they wanted to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.