Norwich (a) post-match thread

Absolute fucking garbage! You just knew it before the game, Norwich a patched up side, Kev arrogantly left out, us coasting and switched off thinking we only had to turn up to win.

Appalling defending for the first two goals and as for the third, that was criminal. Every player except Rodri, aside from losing the man for the first goal was well below par. As mad as it sounds we could have got a point with better finishing. This was like the City of old, soft centre and spineless. The thought of Stones, Zinchenko, Walker and Otamendi as our back four is already giving me nightmares. Every one of them switches off at least once every game. This is going to be an after the Lord Mayors season I'm afraid. Losing Vinny's calm leadership and not replacing him is already costing us dearly. I am dreading the Liverpool game with that defence it will be 5-1! I think it won't matter by then they will be well ahead like our centurion season when we opened an eleven point gap up. Fernandinho has to come back in, we need his Nasty edge and leadership.

Yes we gifted them three goals but credit to Norwich they played football on the whole, exposed our weak spots and rode their luck with a patched up side. I fear we are in for a difficult season.

I still struggle how Guardiola looked at our CB’s after knowing Kompany was leaving and though we didn’t need another centre back.

Rodri has failed to impress me, doesn’t fill the holding mid role anywhere close to Dinho. Ederson gotta do better from the corner, awful positioning. Fair enough on mahrez, I personally just dislike the guy, I think his attitude is awful. Just walks around 90% of the time.

He was by far our best player today and has played well in the other league games so far.

He’s settled in faster than any other player we’ve had in that position, including Fernandinho.

I still struggle how Guardiola looked at our CB’s after knowing Kompany was leaving and though we didn’t need another centre back.

That’s because that didn’t happen.

He wanted one and the management told him we couldn’t afford it.

A pet hate of mine with Pep is his IMO poor squad management.

KDB cannot play every game, we know that, so rest him at home to Brighton rather than a tough game away.

KDM, Sterling, Aguero, Rodri, Bernardo should be no where near the EFL cup games. I bet all five play against Preston.

A poor game from everyone apart from Rodri and Jesus.
Couldn't agree more. Gundogan and the whioe defence were toss.
Foden should have stated if Pep wanted to rotate. He was amazing for the U21s midweek.

Stats again, thought this was cured.

City
Shots. 25
Shots on target. 8

Norwich
Shots. 7
Shots on target 3

Deja Vu

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.