Norwich Away Pub - Compleat Angler is now for Norwich fans only

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by ctidcarl, 6 Sep 2019.

1. tomshaw21

tomshaw21

Being told to go Stadia Bar on Upper King Street. Sports bar that welcomes away fans and and will have the cricket on as well. Just in wrong direction from ground.

2. BlueT

BlueT

When I went to Norwich a couple of yours ago (cup match), we went in the Bell Hotel in the town centre. Excellent pub, its a wetherspoons so it opens early (8am), and serves a nice breakfast. Its was mixed with both norwich, and City fans in there.

3. JGL07

JGL07

That all sounds a bit fishy.

Or have we fallen for it hook, line and sinker?

4. Pezzer2

Pezzer2

I’m staying in Norwich at the moment with work. Great place, I went for a Nando’s the other night on the riverside area opposite the ground. We walked past a Wetherspoons which I imagine will be rammed. I’m eating around there again tomorrow and will look out for some more boozers

5. BrianW

BrianW

Team supported:
    There's Only One City
    You can always try the legendary Plasterers Arms: https://theplasterersarms.co.uk/

Though frankly, it's not what it was. Appears it sells a lot of fizzy kegs these days.

6. Philbo

Philbo

Has a pub been decided?

7. blue corby

blue corby

There is a big spoons just down from the station right next to the river , it has a large outside area which will be ideal for today , went in the Compleat Angler last night but was told it was home fans only on match days .

8. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

I’d be interested to see if you get in.
    Went in there a few seasons back and it was really nice, two levels and seating outside along the river.
    Then the last time we went they were checking tickets and not allowing away fans in.

9. Exileonabus

Exileonabus

The Last Pub Standing, on King Street is about 10 minutes from the ground, good selection of beers. Also the Maids Head is good, by thecathedral. I live near Norwich, & always thought Compleat Angler was a dump.

10. blue corby

blue corby

If you had no colours on I’d think they would let you in