Norwich v City: Pre-match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please No Tinkering Tomorrow.

Feed-The-Goat said:
Dax777 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
For me Zabby is as good defending as Richards is attacking, and therefore cancel each other out. Not saying Richards cant defend, as we all know the boy is brilliant, and Zabs on his day is very good going forward, just lacks the pace.

but..

Im just thankful we have both of them to discuss about, i wouldnt change them for anyone in the world.
It seems by 'attacking" folks are only considering the final burst of pace involved before latching on to a final pass. If that is all there was to attacking as a fullback, then yes Micah is better at that. But attacking involves possession before you get to the edge. designed interplay between teammates to create an opening. Timed overlaps, crossing e.t.c. In all those areas, Zaba is infinitely superior to Micah. He is also a better player technically. He passes better controls the ball better, moves better and sees the field better. I will still give Micah an edge offensively coz he causes undue commotion when he gets a head of steam, but Zaba is quite close if you consider all the other areas of offensive input he adds to the game.

Im not disagreeing with you mate, as im just glad we have them both, like i said i wouldnt replace either of them with anyone in world football.

They are both equally important to our club.
I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement :)<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:46 am --<br /><br />
Feed-The-Goat said:
Dax777 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
For me Zabby is as good defending as Richards is attacking, and therefore cancel each other out. Not saying Richards cant defend, as we all know the boy is brilliant, and Zabs on his day is very good going forward, just lacks the pace.

but..

Im just thankful we have both of them to discuss about, i wouldnt change them for anyone in the world.
It seems by 'attacking" folks are only considering the final burst of pace involved before latching on to a final pass. If that is all there was to attacking as a fullback, then yes Micah is better at that. But attacking involves possession before you get to the edge. designed interplay between teammates to create an opening. Timed overlaps, crossing e.t.c. In all those areas, Zaba is infinitely superior to Micah. He is also a better player technically. He passes better controls the ball better, moves better and sees the field better. I will still give Micah an edge offensively coz he causes undue commotion when he gets a head of steam, but Zaba is quite close if you consider all the other areas of offensive input he adds to the game.

Im not disagreeing with you mate, as im just glad we have them both, like i said i wouldnt replace either of them with anyone in world football.

They are both equally important to our club.
I wholeheartedly agree with the above statement :)

Surely there is only one team for this game.

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Tevez
Nasri
Kun

If I see Dzeko start I will probably cry.

Loved the way we played in the last gam. But considering we played on Wednesday, it will be dangerous not to rotate.

I see at least 4 players getting rotated. Not Silva, Tevez or Aguero as they didn't finish the game and not the CD as they never need rotating coz they don't get as tired. So that leaves 5 players. Most likely, only the fullbacks will be rotated since Yaya will probably not be 100%.

But if Mancini stays true to form, expect Zaba, Kolarov, Johnson and Yaya )or Dzeko) to rotate in and Tevez, Nasri, Micah and Clichy to rotate out. Unless that is, he is now feeling the pressure :P

SamTheGuru said:

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Tevez
Nasri
Kun

I have a strange feeling you will be crying come tmrw.

My guess is:

Hart
Zaba
Kolarov
Kompany
Lescott
Yaya
Barry
Milner
Silva
Aguero
Dzeko

Nigel for Yaya if still not fit. I know it sucks, but I have a feeling that is what Mancini will put out.

Dax777 said:
SamTheGuru said:

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy
Yaya
Barry
Silva
Tevez
Nasri
Kun

I have a strange feeling you will be crying come tmrw.

My guess is:

Hart
Zaba
Kolarov
Kompany
Lescott
Yaya
Barry
Milner
Silva
Aguero
Dzeko

Nigel for Yaya if still not fit. I know it sucks, but I have a feeling that is what Mancini will put out.

No Carlos and no Nasri??

I can see maybe johson playing on the left, about time too

Dax777 said:
Loved the way we played in the last gam. But considering we played on Wednesday, it will be dangerous not to rotate.

I see at least 4 players getting rotated. Not Silva, Tevez or Aguero as they didn't finish the game and not the CD as they never need rotating coz they don't get as tired. So that leaves 5 players. Most likely, only the fullbacks will be rotated since Yaya will probably not be 100%.

But if Mancini stays true to form, expect Zaba, Kolarov, Johnson and Yaya )or Dzeko) to rotate in and Tevez, Nasri, Micah and Clichy to rotate out. Unless that is, he is now feeling the pressure :P

If this happens. we're fucked.

Im sure the manager will have assesed everyones fitness and readiness to play and will take that into account when preparing his tactics for tomorrow.

As Norwich are a very different team to West Brom and we are away i expect changes. I doubt Tevez is anywhere near fit enough to start 2 games in a week for a start and Dzeko may help counter the Norwich aerial threat. Yaya if fit has to start for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.