Norwich Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

fablue said:
remember arthur mann said:
Norwich allowed City to play football, at least they didn't put 10 men behind the ball as did the previous teams. Still a lot of work to do!

I agree.
Hughton was not very clever. Now every coach in the PL knows that you can block us almost totally playing 10 0 0, because Bobby has no plan B

Curiously, it was Bobby who parked the bus in front of Hart in the last 15 minutes.

Again your missing something, we sped up our attack, that does not allow teams to park the bus, the way we were playing was so slow it gave teams the opportunity to get back and defend in numbers, teams will park the bus if we allow them to do it, and we have been allowing them with all the messing about

rnblade said:
IMO Kun was absolutely outstanding yesterday. His sublime finish was a joy to see, shame he couldn't convert any other chances. It's good to see him try and get shots away when he is blatantly being fouled,although diving/going down easy is not in his mind, maybe he needs to do it occasionally.
He's probably doing the right thing by standing up as he knows the ref is bound not to give us the pen anyway.
After all, he got it right back in may didn't he?

Ducado said:
fablue said:
Norwich allowed City to play football, at least they didn't put 10 men behind the ball as did the previous teams. Still a lot of work to do!

I agree.
Hughton was not very clever. Now every coach in the PL knows that you can block us almost totally playing 10 0 0, because Bobby has no plan B

Curiously, it was Bobby who parked the bus in front of Hart in the last 15 minutes.

Again your missing something, we sped up our attack, that does not allow teams to park the bus, the way we were playing was so slow it gave teams the opportunity to get back and defend in numbers, teams will park the bus if we allow them to do it, and we have been allowing them with all the messing about

We could speed up our attack because we had much more space yesterday.
There was no need to pass the ball back and back again.
Of course, Dzeko scoring first helped.

Marvin said:
Ducado said:

Wrong!

We played with a bit more speed which did not allow them to put 10 men behind the ball, teams will do it, if we insist in trying walk it up the field!
Scoring an opening goal after 1 minute helps.

Sunderland are renowned for putting every man behind the ball, and did it again against Spurs

You can play quick direct long balls if the game is stretched and that never happens if an opponent parks the bus
cant agree about sunderland playing the same way against spurs ,they were much more open,besides being poor all over the park,i nearly kicked,the telly with rage watching their display compaired to the performance thy put in against city

ped said:
cant agree about sunderland playing the same way against spurs ,they were much more open,besides being poor all over the park,i nearly kicked,the telly with rage watching their display compaired to the performance thy put in against city
Correct, sunderland were abysmal against spurs, spurs weren't particularly good either, in fact their finishing was worse than ours at sunderland.

stonie said:
Is it me or have the refs forgot some of the rules this season and not just in our matches, the fukkas are ruining football...
I'm really not sure now what "deliberately" means for a backpass - the word backpass isn't in the rule, the ball just needs to be deliberately played and the GK can't handle it ("if the goalkeeper .... touches the ball with his hands after it has been deliberately kicked to him by a team-mate"). For Garrido's kick not to qualify, the referee would have to say that he meant to kick it nowhere near goal and just got it wrong - it didn't look like that.

We also had a free kick in our penalty area at the Etihad recently, it didn't go out of the area (as required) and ref and assistant both let it go.

Couldn't see the match live for a whole host of reason, so arranged to see it on replay, this morning. Only the one problem - the tv channel kept freezing after one second of play, then skipping over 3 or 4 seconds to the next 'still'. I sort of got the gist of the game, but it was frustrating not to have seen the whole build-up in play, let alone us sitting back and letting them do their worst. Didn't actually see a single goal completed because of technical problems. Bah.

not defending nasri but from where i was standing it looked just like hand bags......the ref n his lino were crap all game,i think that when buffoon made the challenge the ref was already reaching for a card to book him for the tackle before it all kicked off..........so it appears a straight red for nasri then,and buffoons involvement warrented zilch wtf.........

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Ducado said:

Wrong!

We played with a bit more speed which did not allow them to put 10 men behind the ball, teams will do it, if we insist in trying walk it up the field!
It was great to see us playing box to box in 4 passes rather than the 20+ crabbing from side to side.

Wasn't it just!
I'm hoping that this was a long-awaited change of tactics on the part of Mancini and not just a bit of player initiative. Our front-runners must have thought that all their Christmasses had come at once. There may be some hope yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.