Norwich VS city post match thread

Whilst I agree with that in the final seconds, we actually hit too many long balls yesterday, what's the point hitting the ball at Aguero, at 100 mph, in the air ? Aguero was part of the problem yesterday, playing for himself, and not the team, kept coming back and getting in Silva's way, I thought he was very poor.

I agree. There's no point in hoofing the ball to Kun. But in the last minute, just hoof the f***er in the box, and get as many players in the box as possible. It looked as if we had settled for a point, and played keep ball.

The last minute, Yesterday.

99% of players would have hoofed the ball into the box In an attempt to score a goal and to win the match.

We picked the ball up in our own half, by the time we kept on passing it sideways, and got halfway into the Norwich half, the ref blew for full-time.

It's more than obvious that this type of play, regardless of the need for urgency, has been coached/drummed into the players.

That aside, you'd think professional players would take responsibility and have the mental capacity to look at the situation and think, fuck it, it's going long as we've only got 1 minute left to score a winning goal. But no, true to form, they passed the ball about to death until the Ref blew for full-time.

100% correct. Don,t want to see us lumplng it in often,but there is always one or two times in a match when it would be the right thing to do.

Lazy performance yet again but anyone would think we'd drawn away at Accrington Stanley and not a Premier League side.

Lazy performance yet again but anyone would think we'd drawn away at Accrington Stanley and not a Premier League side.

It was lazy and not good enough but your point stands.

Only a win is enough these days on this forum and even then, it isnt for some as 3-0 should have been 5-0 etc etc.

It was lazy and not good enough but your point stands.

Only a win is enough these days on this forum and even then, it isnt for some as 3-0 should have been 5-0 etc etc.
Only a win against Norwich, who have been absolutely garbage recently, is acceptable, yes. We didn't even have a shot on target second half, for a team who are in "hunting season" and have a tiny glimmer of hope for winning the league, the urgency or drive to win wasn't really there.

Only a win against Norwich, who have been absolutely garbage recently, is acceptable, yes. We didn't even have a shot on target second half, for a team who are in "hunting season" and have a tiny glimmer of hope for winning the league, the urgency or drive to win wasn't really there.

I completely agree with you mate. yesterday was a car crash again and not good enough.

It's like someone slowly putting us out of our misery this season, pushing that cushion onto the face "it'll all be over soon". Sorry, I think I've finally lost it...going to join a drama club now, laters :D

The most damning thing about yesterday was the almost complete apathy i had towards it as it went on.

Anger didn't come into the equation and as you say, if the season finished tomorrow it would be a blessing.

The most damning thing about yesterday was the almost complete apathy i had towards it as it went on.

Anger didn't come into the equation and as you say, if the season finished tomorrow it would be a blessing.
Completely agree, it was the same against spurs and Liverpool when we were getting battered, an acceptance of this is who we are now and this is our season. Fuck it, what can you do.

I understand that shooting from outside the box can be seen as giving up possession, but against the parked bus defences where we're struggling to pass through, we really need to be doing it more often. Both Fernandinho and Delph have scored lucky goals this season with deflected shots or poor goalkeeping from outside the box so I can't see why we don't do it more often if only to surprise the opposition and lift the crowd.
They don't seem to keen shooting from inside the box these days, always get the feeling that a few of them don't want to take the responsibility

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.