Norwich Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
black mamba said:
ox-blue said:
We deffinatly need some width in our side!

Just watching the Sunderland V Spurs game 3 times Spurs have got round the back

Spurs 2-1 up at Sunderland now , and lookin' good for another away win .....

they've scored twice up there so far , and we couldn't even make a breakthrough .... says it all really.

That was then this is now, lets see how we respond today, Norwich are a better team than Sunderland IMO so a test of our true metal

black mamba said:

they've scored twice up there so far , and we couldn't even make a breakthrough .... says it all really.
Sunderland have been absolute w*nk to be fair, no sign of their performance of 3 days ago, I guess they're tired after the effort they put in against us, lucky spurs.

cleavers said:
black mamba said:

Sunderland have been absolute w*nk to be fair, no sign of their performance of 3 days ago, I guess they're tired after the effort they put in against us, lucky spurs.

This.

I know this is football and anything can happen, but there really is a ridiculous amount of talent in that team. And we can still bring on Tevez from the bench. There has to be more to come from us.

mancity1 said:
SebastianBlue said:
I am with other posters, our Achilles heel thus far this season is our absolute need to walk the ball in to goal after no less than 62,418 passes. It has frustrated me to no end, especially with the sort of direct pass talent we have in Yaya, Silva, and Nasri (as much as he was at fault for the United loss we have really missed Sami). That said, Yaya, Tevez, Aguero, and Barry have all gone off the boil as of late, so I don't know if we have it in our core right now.

Am I the only one that wants Dzeko to start along side Aguero for this one?

All our players in the main are below what they are capable of this season.

The finishing power of both Tevez and Kun is not what is was last season.

No doubt they have the talent and ability to rectify this.

For example last season Tevez was using the better option than he has this season.

He thought he could blast the ball past Sunderland's keeper in his clearest opportunity last week when one on one not realizing he could have tapped the ball the his right and placed it easily in the back of the net like he would have done when at his clinical best.

Silva would have lifted the ball over the keeper at his confident best rather then hitting it low and week into the oncoming keeper notwithstanding he had little time to move or make a decision but at his best his instincts to take the best option take over.

Our forwards like all of them are down on confidence and confidence is everything for a striker.

It has much more to with this than the formations the patterns we run and how quick we get the ball into the opposition third but in saying that I like most would wish we move forward much more quickly than we did against Sunderland and others etc.

I agree with most of your points but I would say general team mentality and tactics have quite a lot to do with our dip in form relative to the likely "park the bus" tactics of our opposition.

That said, I am very pleased with today's starting selection and hope Džeko and Agüero reignite their high-efficiency partnership of last season. Also hope Nasri makes those diagonal runs that Yaya likes so much.

Dzeko needs a good game today, same for Nasri. A decent team and no reason it shouldn't get us 3 points.

citytill1die84 said:
cleavers said:
black mamba said:

This.

The City Watch account on Twitter came up with an interesting point earlier today:
"Noticing Sunderland like many such teams struggling against Spurs' pace and width. Had far less trouble with our narrow approach. #planb"

Full Line-ups:

Norwich: Bunn, R Martin(c), Turner, Bassong, Garrido, Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Morison.
Subs: Rudd, Barnett, R Bennett, Howson, E Bennett, Kane, Jackson.

MCFC: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany(c), Nastasic, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero.
Subs: Pantilimon, K Toure, Lescott, Javi Garcia, Milner, Sinclair, Tevez.

Referee: Mike Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.