Nostalgia. What takes you back?

Testcard_F.jpg

I'm good mate and hope you are too.

Robinson Crusoe was fantastic - brilliant music. I wrote a complaint to the BBC in about 1973 because the series hadn't finished and I had go back to school so i missed the end of it. They wrote back and told me to piss off. The bastards.

I'm fine mate, where have you been ?

The theme music to the Magic Roundabout, totp on tv and dad slagging your fav band off,wierd, long hair,cant sing,stupid lyrics etc. No shops open post lunchtime on sundays.Goin down the school field to play footie after the big match....even in the rain.The embarrassment of being the one who has to "be in" the earliest( and making some excuse), dogs roaming the streets without thier owners. The word "Bugger" being the go to curse for anyone over 50, a plethora of paedophiles presenting kids shows....and a bbc to be proud of, doing what they should be doing now, quality sports/outside broadcasts/programmes/news all with no agenda....... those were the days.

That 5:30-5:35 slot on BBC1 weeknights, Ivor the Engine, The Clangers etc before Nationwide?

Would love to be able to go back in time to the mid to late 70's for a day and just walk around old my old stomping ground, taking it all in.
That slot signalled the last of the kids programmes before as you say news etc started, others in that slot iirc include Captain Pugwash and Mr Ben. As for going back, being a fly on the wall to see what a day in your life was like would be "illuminating".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.