not again! Bojinov injured

WTF is Mark Hughes doing? He should pull him out of the squad for the next match. If he misses any up-coming EPL games because of this, he should be fined at least two weeks wages...MH not Bojinov.

lionheart said:
WTF is Mark Hughes doing? He should pull him out of the squad for the next match. If he misses any up-coming EPL games because of this, he should be fined at least two weeks wages...MH not Bojinov.

i fail to see how this is hughes fault

it is great news to have petrov+bojinov back for the final run in +the cup games i think they are available,to play

Markov, the coach who played Petrov twice in a week, resulting in his injury, was sacked not long afterwards. his record was poor, but I dont think the Petrov injury helped his cause. If you abuse your players, their club managers will have every reason to be as unhelpful as possible. I noticed that Hristo Stoichkov came to visit our club last month, I wonder if he had a chat with the coaching staff about what had happened, and how things would be from now on? The coach could have started Bojinov on saturday if he wanted, so I have to think that this new guy is going to be a bit more reasonable.

bizzbo said:
Markov, the coach who played Petrov twice in a week, resulting in his injury, was sacked not long afterwards. his record was poor, but I dont think the Petrov injury helped his cause. If you abuse your players, their club will have every reason to be as unhelpful as possible. I noticed that Hristo Stoichkov came to visit our club last month, I wonder if he had a chat with the coaching staff about what had happened, and how things would be from now on? The coach could have started Bojinov on saturday if he wanted, so I have to think that this new guy is going to be a bit more reasonable.

Well, it is to be hoped that is the case.

Interesting point about whether a club manager can actually stop a player from playing for his country. I'm pretty sure it's a kind of convention/gentlemans agreement type thing that allows it. A manager would not come out and simply say no, but in theory they could. The player is contracted to the club not his country.

There are many examples of mangers not allowing players to go on international duty for reasons of 'injury', which is basically just an excuse to avoid actually refusing permission.

mammutly said:
bizzbo said:
Markov, the coach who played Petrov twice in a week, resulting in his injury, was sacked not long afterwards. his record was poor, but I dont think the Petrov injury helped his cause. If you abuse your players, their club will have every reason to be as unhelpful as possible. I noticed that Hristo Stoichkov came to visit our club last month, I wonder if he had a chat with the coaching staff about what had happened, and how things would be from now on? The coach could have started Bojinov on saturday if he wanted, so I have to think that this new guy is going to be a bit more reasonable.

Interesting point about whether a club manager can actually stop a player from playing for his country. I'm pretty sure it's a kind of convention/gentlemans agreement type thing that allows it. A manager would not come out and simply say no, but in theory they could. The player is contracted to the club not his country.

There are many examples of mangers not allowing players to go on international duty for reasons of 'injury', which is basically just an excuse to avoid actually refusing permission.

Wrong. FIFA regulations allow the international manager to compel the player to attend.

Braggster said:
mammutly said:
bizzbo said:

Wrong. FIFA regulations allow the international manager to compel the player to attend.

OK. I didn't know that.

Cappelo did force Gerrard to have a medical, but in the past international managers have accepted the word of the club. Ferguson has probably been the one who has most abused that trust.

bri an t said:
it is great news to have petrov+bojinov back for the final run in +the cup games i think they are available,to play

I'm pretty sure that Bojinov isn't available for the Uefa games-something to do with Hughes removing him from our squad when he was injured. Not sure about Petrov's eligibility for the Uefa Cup-it will be good to see them both back regularly though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.