Not again

Only thick people believe what is written in the press.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:50 am --<br /><br />
danburge82 said:
Just try to dilute your exposure to the horse shit! Because it is literally everywhere and it's infuriating, OP you're correct.

Here's how I try to deal with it:
-I don't buy newspapers or watch Sunday Suppliment. Journalists are, to a man (apart from Martin Samuel), a bunch of middle class, yuppy sort, London, London club or Rags/Liverpool supporting, no marks with an English degree and an interest in football. Their opinions means jack shit to this world. From the defunct News of the World to The Times they all print utter utter drivel. I can live without them!
-I don't watch Sky Sports News. It is on the same level as the newspapers. They are just a sensationalist, make-it-up just to get peoples attenetion, loads of rubbish. I saw a post on here yesterday saying that they ran a story saying "Balotelli hates Manchester and is unsettled in the North West" so I went online to see the interview and alls he said was that he missed Brescia, Manchester isn't really to his liking but he loves his club/manager/team
mates..he realises he can't have everything". Basically they spun their story to make it the most contreversial they could. I don't need that shit in my life. Hits the nail on the head for why I don't watch it. Plus it's called Sky Sports News but their coverage of other sports is sometimes pathetic.
-I seriously don't listen to TalkSport. Absolutely awful, dreadful radio station. They talk true utter shite just to wind people up just get people to ring or text in, thus, giving them money to keep their radio station in business. I can't be doing with that level of people. Gutter people. Plus they're all either just presenters or old washed up unsuccessful ex-pros whose opinions I don't care about. And, again, they should drop "Sport" from their name as their coverage and knowledge of other sports is laughable!

You're not already going I to things with a pre-anger at the media if you stay away from them. Then the little digs from fucking idiots on Sky wont bother you so much. If you're watching pre/post-match stuff on Sky just realise that Jamie Redknapp is a know-nothing no mark and obviously Chuckle is the biggest **** who's ever come from Greater Manchester - maybe go and make a bitty and a brew when they're on!

Just dilute your exposure to all the shit and it wont bother you so much.
Well said but you forgot to add, "Please dont post links to any anti city shit on here"!

The real downside to the negativity toward us is that if "neutrals" take it all on board they are less likely to see the light and follow gods own.
Irrespective if how reality might be they see/hear we're shite/negative/in tumoil and are influenced, likely negating the good that the club/team are achieving.

Whenever ive watched us via stream, ive found Fox Soccor, panel and commentators

To be very pro city. Its just they dont have a clue when commentating on the game. In fact the funnieswt bit of commentry ive ever heard was at last years pre season tour. " the deefence has just double teamed him in the box" OUCH

propaganda is used as a weapon to motivate the masses into a tunnel vision, the nazis used this to the extreme, their will be a lot of other fans thinking this is quite biassed, but then you get the type of fan who believes everything what is said, usually because he has been indoctrinated from an early age or a lack of education? the latter is how i like to view the type of united fan who you cannot talk about football too?

I think you are spot on.
It is hurting the global fanbase.
I live in Iceland and I have been to Danmark , Norway and Spain in the last few years in all these countrys its the same news copy from , The Sun , Mirror and Mail.
City is becoming the most hated club in the world.
When the project started one of the goal was to make the global fan base bigger,
thats where we can bust our income, selling shirts in Asia and Europa to new fans.

I can tell you that a 10 year old kid from any of these countrys would never chose City as his team becouse of all the negative shit been said about City these days.

Cityfan1977 said:
I think you are spot on.
I live in Iceland and I have been to Danmark , Norway and Spain in the last few years in all these countrys its the same news copy from , The Sun , Mirror and Mail.
When the project started one of the goal was to make the global fan base bigger,
thats where we can bust our income, selling shirts in Asia and Europa to new fans.

I can tell you that a 10 year old kid from any of these countrys would never chose City as his team becouse of all the negative shit been said about City these days.

Disagree! 10 year old kids dont Love or Hate a team because of what is written in the likes of the Sun, in fact I would go as far as to say that a 10 year old kid wouldnt even bother reading a news paper. Kids choose a team unless its it their DNA because the team is a winner or has their favourite player.

But when they watch a game on TV and the commentary cant stop talking shit about Balotelly,Tevez how City is ruing football dont you think that this kid will choose United as a favorite team ?

BluePurgatory said:
Cityfan1977 said:
I think you are spot on.

no but thier parents read news papers and pass on thier anti city opinions to the kids

the haters used to bother me but i just laugh now.

Disagree! 10 year old kids dont Love or Hate a team because of what is written in the likes of the Sun, in fact I would go as far as to say that a 10 year old kid wouldnt even bother reading a news paper. Kids choose a team unless its it their DNA because the team is a winner or has their favourite player.

I live in Pakistan and I have been following City like a woman for last 3 years literally in attempt to know more about the club and be as knowledgeable as I can be. T
To be honest growing up in Pakistan post 9/11 , have realized how the biggest and most reliable Channels and papers derive opinions of masses on fake or twisted stories and its un imaginable how just the power of opinion is held by few people. It's like we know 90 % of our population wants what everyone else in this world wants, but that 10 % is portrayed as a whole nation. Pakistan lost more soldiers and civilians then any other nation in the world in this war. When a soldier dies regardless he is British, Pakistani, Indian or any other nation there families suffer the same way.

The only reason to mention is what the OP said is a v valid and worrying point in certain ways as well.And this will also have implications on what our owners are trying to achieve. Especially in established markets for a neutral to choose starting supporting City is being tough because of all the fans of these previous big 4 spout out the shit from all these crap news papers. And usually as a neutral or someone outside UK doesn't really know how shit or un reliable these news papers are. So no one cares to investigate and with none or any visible fan bases in African and Asian countries you hardly have people to defend against that bile of shit.

BPL gets shown almost in every country in the world and they all have their own panelist or guests. ESPN Asia has pretty fair ones compared to British channels. But they all run tabloids and news papers heading they all have exclusive programs and those heading derive opinions of masses , they see it as truth not something which is published by a shit ass news paper that has an agenda against us.

I would personally like for city to set up their own media group , at least to correct these fukers, Alot of shit starts of twitter have an official account to shut the fukers up rite there that its blatant lie or something I dont know but definitely it has an impact.

How is really felt it makes such an impact is in last year some game when scholes made a real rough tackle, how the commentator totally put it on the guy getting tackled how he mis judged or something and the game after when Zaba tackled someone the commentator was like thats a horrible tackle which was way better then of Scholes.
Now that observation will make any neutrals judge too players in a totally differed way, where as Scholes tackles look as if a 5 year old mistake which should just be taken blind eye from and our tackles are life threatening.

We have some cracking indviduals in our team not as footballers but as people, better then any other team I can think of with how they conduct them self off the field, But the reason they are not really getting the recognition is because of how we are made to be looked as. Oh and it effects our sales of shirts merchandise etc off course.

People can say "just ignore it" etc. but this is not good and not acceptable as the brass want City to grow and these smear campaigns are making people hate us more and more, making it difficult to attract new fans. Our PR team are doing a woeful job, they have huffed and puffed at a few slanderous stories in the past, which led to small print apologies, but for every article they have taken action again, they let 20 get through and the press are p*ssing themselves at what they can get away with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.