Not again

LoveCity said:
People can say "just ignore it" etc. but this is not good and not acceptable as the brass want City to grow and these smear campaigns are making people hate us more and more, making it difficult to attract new fans. Our PR team are doing a woeful job, they have huffed and puffed at a few slanderous stories in the past, which led to small print apologies, but for every article they have taken action again, they let 20 get through and the press are p*ssing themselves at what they can get away with.

Like Mancini would say " only this"

And to friends that think if you are a hard core blue this should not effect you or turning the channel off, I really do not agree with it, City at current point does not have a huge fan base compared to other top clubs. Every city fan needs to support the owners in trying to convert more and more neutrals and to some here who say that they are glory hunters as they have start supporting know they might be, every time any club probably wins something in simple maths they probably get 10 news fans to support for the first time, our of which 5 may vanish off with time 2 will be reasonable blues and 3 might take it to heart.
And this shit of being from Manchester or not being from there you cant feel that way is a real bile of shit to be honest. When you have Arab owner, American Director, Italian Manager and well players from around the world and hardly any from Manchester how can someone realistically come up with that argument I don't know.
Also to some people who take certain things by club so negatively like on the cup scheme and usually a lot of things to moan about I just want to ask we all say we love Sheikh Mansoor the best thing ever to happen so then what ever club starts off with is coming from him and I just dont get why would people not blindly do what ever club says just in his love. I know its about opinions and all that but still to pick out on the smallest things by few people here is v surprising. Fans are as much a part of this project as any one else,and rather then expecting more and more need to think of ways to thanking SM. Seriously been on this forum for 3 years and how the tone of this forum has changed I never posted because there was enough good stuff to read. But now it's like nothing is enough, we are arguably looking at the only team who could challenge Barca on equal standing in coming years I dont know what more can we ask for.
One last thing and sorry I should have posted these comments on their respective threads but people that dont feel like going to community shield or paying a bit extra for new ticket scheme, for 2 mins imagine City's team from 4 years ago. And as your self a question ( How much extra will you be willing to pay if I promise to give you Silva and Tevez, think about it it's as bad a deal as some of you make it out to be. And the club on it's own cant take of FFPR.

Dirtymindz said:
I live in Pakistan and I have been following City like a woman for last 3 years literally in attempt to know more about the club and be as knowledgeable as I can be. T
To be honest growing up in Pakistan post 9/11 , have realized how the biggest and most reliable Channels and papers derive opinions of masses on fake or twisted stories and its un imaginable how just the power of opinion is held by few people. It's like we know 90 % of our population wants what everyone else in this world wants, but that 10 % is portrayed as a whole nation. Pakistan lost more soldiers and civilians then any other nation in the world in this war. When a soldier dies regardless he is British, Pakistani, Indian or any other nation there families suffer the same way.

The only reason to mention is what the OP said is a v valid and worrying point in certain ways as well.And this will also have implications on what our owners are trying to achieve. Especially in established markets for a neutral to choose starting supporting City is being tough because of all the fans of these previous big 4 spout out the shit from all these crap news papers. And usually as a neutral or someone outside UK doesn't really know how shit or un reliable these news papers are. So no one cares to investigate and with none or any visible fan bases in African and Asian countries you hardly have people to defend against that bile of shit.

BPL gets shown almost in every country in the world and they all have their own panelist or guests. ESPN Asia has pretty fair ones compared to British channels. But they all run tabloids and news papers heading they all have exclusive programs and those heading derive opinions of masses , they see it as truth not something which is published by a shit ass news paper that has an agenda against us.

I would personally like for city to set up their own media group , at least to correct these fukers, Alot of shit starts of twitter have an official account to shut the fukers up rite there that its blatant lie or something I dont know but definitely it has an impact.

How is really felt it makes such an impact is in last year some game when scholes made a real rough tackle, how the commentator totally put it on the guy getting tackled how he mis judged or something and the game after when Zaba tackled someone the commentator was like thats a horrible tackle which was way better then of Scholes.
Now that observation will make any neutrals judge too players in a totally differed way, where as Scholes tackles look as if a 5 year old mistake which should just be taken blind eye from and our tackles are life threatening.

We have some cracking indviduals in our team not as footballers but as people, better then any other team I can think of with how they conduct them self off the field, But the reason they are not really getting the recognition is because of how we are made to be looked as. Oh and it effects our sales of shirts merchandise etc off course.
"like a woman" ... makes your first sentence possibly the finest opening to a post this year!

I salute you! .... keep spreading the City gospel in your homeland!

If you take a look at Liverpool vs City .
Liverpool dont have the champions league money, the have smaler ground but yet there global income is far superior to ours. All the negative shit about City could be looked at as ruin our change for new customers .

It is all about marketing and if we want to be one of the big teams in the world we have to get alot bigger global fanbase, how are we going to fill a 60.000 stadium if and when the Etihad stadium will be expanted ?

How much of the Rags income is global and how many fans in Old Trafford are from outside UK .

It is part of our project , to increase our income and make City huge.
And the media with its bull shit about City are ruin it.

el bee said:
The real downside to the negativity toward us is that if "neutrals" take it all on board they are less likely to see the light and follow gods own.
Irrespective if how reality might be they see/hear we're shite/negative/in tumoil and are influenced, likely negating the good that the club/team are achieving.

Nail on the head lb.

I watch us via the magic of the internet and usually go for a stream with foreign commentary. Dutch is my favourite but i'm not averse to a bit of Chinese commentary now and again.

I feel the OP's pain but the solution can be simple. Why not try GMR with the cheery Cheeseman commentary and sound off on the telly.
If i'm watching in the pub i don't hear the commentary. But if i'm at the game our announcer chap gets right on me tits.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:03 pm --<br /><br />
Dirtymindz said:
And to friends that think if you are a hard core blue this should not effect you or turning the channel off, I really do not agree with it, City at current point does not have a huge fan base compared to other top clubs. Every city fan needs to support the owners in trying to convert more and more neutrals and to some here who say that they are glory hunters as they have start supporting know they might be, every time any club probably wins something in simple maths they probably get 10 news fans to support for the first time, our of which 5 may vanish off with time 2 will be reasonable blues and 3 might take it to heart.
And this shit of being from Manchester or not being from there you cant feel that way is a real bile of shit to be honest. When you have Arab owner, American Director, Italian Manager and well players from around the world and hardly any from Manchester how can someone realistically come up with that argument I don't know.
Also to some people who take certain things by club so negatively like on the cup scheme and usually a lot of things to moan about I just want to ask we all say we love Sheikh Mansoor the best thing ever to happen so then what ever club starts off with is coming from him and I just dont get why would people not blindly do what ever club says just in his love. I know its about opinions and all that but still to pick out on the smallest things by few people here is v surprising. Fans are as much a part of this project as any one else,and rather then expecting more and more need to think of ways to thanking SM. Seriously been on this forum for 3 years and how the tone of this forum has changed I never posted because there was enough good stuff to read. But now it's like nothing is enough, we are arguably looking at the only team who could challenge Barca on equal standing in coming years I dont know what more can we ask for.
One last thing and sorry I should have posted these comments on their respective threads but people that dont feel like going to community shield or paying a bit extra for new ticket scheme, for 2 mins imagine City's team from 4 years ago. And as your self a question ( How much extra will you be willing to pay if I promise to give you Silva and Tevez, think about it it's as bad a deal as some of you make it out to be. And the club on it's own cant take of FFPR.

give that man a ceegar. Top post.

blue order said:
Dirtymindz said:
"like a woman" ... makes your first sentence possibly the finest opening to a post this year!

I salute you! .... keep spreading the City gospel in your homeland!

Mate been saving for 3 years now, hopefully this year around December I could get the visa and make my visit. And yeah mate staying up till 5:00 am to watch friendlies with vancouver lol , or buying a seperate tv just to watch city un interrupted. Reading almost every topic here going through almost whole of Las vegas thread with out having any real connection to Manc. Breaking mancunian rag ( My cousin ) Nose :P I guess I qualify as City's woman which I dont really mind :P

I think if we take a step back maybe we are giving the press/media to much credit. I don't think they will put new fans off. We as a club are out doing them with our achievements and players. Nobody gives to much thought into which team they will support it's just something that happens. The press can print any rubbish they want but in my mind they are just getting our name out there more and more. The kids round here didn't put much thought into the fact that the papers were calling Mario a disgrace last year with his hat, skull gloves and scowl they just thought he was mad and they liked him for it. Dzeko has brought Bosnian fans, Silva is just a pleasure to watch and draws admiration from all corners people could watch him and think I'm hooked! I've seen countless people on here say they saw player A B or C play and they never looked back. We have a team full of these players YaYa, Kompany, Joe (Englands No 1 Goalie instantly recognisable) I just think that new fans will fall in love with City for simpler reasons than some of us are thinking, young boy over the road loves Zabs cause he's always bleeding, got bandages etc but carries on seems him as indestructable! Let them do their worst they won't stop us, we are getting more well known by the day and will just get bigger and bigger They will break first!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.