Not again

kalouk said:
I think if we take a step back maybe we are giving the press/media to much credit. I don't think they will put new fans off. We as a club are out doing them with our achievements and players. Nobody gives to much thought into which team they will support it's just something that happens. The press can print any rubbish they want but in my mind they are just getting our name out there more and more. The kids round here didn't put much thought into the fact that the papers were calling Mario a disgrace last year with his hat, skull gloves and scowl they just thought he was mad and they liked him for it. Dzeko has brought Bosnian fans, Silva is just a pleasure to watch and draws admiration from all corners people could watch him and think I'm hooked! I've seen countless people on here say they saw player A B or C play and they never looked back. We have a team full of these players YaYa, Kompany, Joe (Englands No 1 Goalie instantly recognisable) I just think that new fans will fall in love with City for simpler reasons than some of us are thinking, young boy over the road loves Zabs cause he's always bleeding, got bandages etc but carries on seems him as indestructable! Let them do their worst they won't stop us, we are getting more well known by the day and will just get bigger and bigger They will break first!

Agree! Was only talking to one of my colleagues last week, who lives in Lancaster. She told me her six year old son supportsCity and his favourite player was David Silva. She then went onto say that his dad was not too pleased as he supported Liverpool!

Lordeffingham said:
Appologies before I start, I appreciate this is a very well versed and previously well covered subject, but it still fucking wrangles me everytime I sit down to watch us give some unfortunate opposition team a massive lesson on how to rule the World of Football within 5 years, on the box. And even now with our currently absolutely glorious and talented bunch of sublimely gifted players, I have to sit there and endure a sickeningly and malicious commentary, usually by two fucking has beens who probably never progressed any further than the championship or scotish leagues, have a handfull of caps playing for Wales or Ireland between them, and have the significant though obvious handicap of a galic speech impediment, racehorse blinkers strapped to their faces, aircraft carrier standard ear muffs, and welders goggles to boot, who then go on to spout line after line from some sort of John Motson Manchester United propoganda promotional bible.

The bias is just absolutely unfuckingbelievable!

Not just the odd time, but every second, every decision, every tackle, every pass, if there's anything that can be twisted or spun with some negativity about us or our shortcomings they never fail to churn out their poisonous and bitter bile towards our players and staff.

I know that deep down it doesn't actually matter and that I should just be over the fucking moon (which don't get me wrong, I am) that we are so very, very fortunate to be the supporters of the Greatest Football Club in the World, but the thing is I can't just ignore it, and it's hard enough to get to sleep with the wifes snoring, but these fuckers leave me wanting to strangle someone!

I know I shouldn't allow it to wind me up but anything said against our proud and decent Club is like a personal insult to me and the fact it's all so fucking obviously bent just pisses me of to some tune.

Rant over, Blue Tinted Specs off for tonight and time for bed soon.

Never mind. This is helping us. You only have to listen to any interview Vincent Kompany has given over the course of the last few months. The players are using it to spur themselves on. Fuck them all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.