not anymore

The Greenalls scoreboard with the logos 'Get one in' and 'Attack (with a picture of a tank)'

The following legendary advertising hoardings:

Trumanns For Steel

Metaxa

XL crisps

Manchester Building Society

Freddie Pye Metals

Gordons for Ford/Quicks for Ford

Wonderfuel Gas

Rumbelows

Tom Garner Motors

Visionhire

Electrolux

Blaupunkt

Skol

And finally moving away from football related memories...

Growbags, only 99p from B&Q.

Apologies for showing my age...!!!!

Turning up without a ticket, and buying OAP discounted tickets for £7 (even though I was only about 14) from this tout who had a deal going with a particular bloke at one of the tunstiles. Seems a far cry from the prices they're charging these days.

Rum fookers trying to sell knocked of merchandise from the City Store to you as you made your way towards the ground - I neraly bought a City Alarm Clock off one of these blokes once, before thinking better of it.

pedigreeblue said:
marco said:
sky sports cheerleaders, didnt we have the first tv live game, a night game i think and they were dancing to alive and kicking

v QPR think was a monday night...fireworks aswell...

KWS performed a KC & the sunshine band song at hime time<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:42 pm --<br /><br />
rassclot said:
pedigreeblue said:
The football league magazine within the programme.

only at away games. city never had it & neither did the rags, chelsea or arsenal but i think every other league club did.

The Rags did ....Football League Review

samharris said:
rag and bone men.

Seen one today no less. A big blue van drove down my street, Sign on the side "Scrap Metal, Clothes Etc Wanted" and "Any Old Iron" blaring out of a loadspeaker. I kid you not.

A modern version of Steptoe & Son.

What happened to Party Seven's. I remember opening them with a screwdriver and then trying to catch all the beer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.