Not just beaten

My favorite thing about this win was it was so comprehensive that they tried to play for a 0-0 at our gaff and fucked it.

that day was when everyone saw what was happening, and i still believe it’s why fergie retired, however to proud to do so after losing the league spunked a load on a Hail Mary for the next season to leave on a high
They still tried to play for a 0-0 when they were one nil down! Seem to remember they got a free kick in our half towards the end and played it back to the keeper

This game was the destruction of the Fergie Manchester United illusion. I am not sure we truly believed we could finish above them and thus win the league before this game. I never heard a “we gonna win the league” chant before this trashing.

Prior to this there was the famous semi final when we started to believe we were better than them. That was a demonstration of beating them in an one-off game, this match was a demonstration of an ability to beat them over the course of a season - much more significant in terms of damage to their psyche and self-believe to ours. That mindset is still prevalent today...9 years later.
Buzzer believed

Watching that makes me think we should go get Balotelli back seen as he’s a free agent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.