Not just beaten

He certainly did! Can’t think why sky stopped using him...:)
It’s a bit of a myth that Sky dropped him after what he said. Sure, he wasn’t on the panel for the 6-1 (which was the very next derby at Old Trafford after Summerbee said what he said, meaning his prediction came true a lot sooner than many of us expected!) but they did do a light-hearted “Noisy neighbours” feature in the build-up to the match with him and Crerand. He was also on the panel a few days later when we beat Wolves 5-2 in the League Cup.

I never tire of watching that video. There was also another one - by the same people IIRC - at the start of the match when the players came out. The camera pans to the right and next to them is some weird looking bloke screaming some shite in a Scottish accent that I still haven’t managed to decipher to this day. Needless to say, the fucker is nowhere to be seen on the later video!

It’s a bit of a myth that Sky dropped him after what he said. Sure, he wasn’t on the panel for the 6-1 (which was the very next derby at Old Trafford after Summerbee said what he said, meaning his prediction came true a lot sooner than many of us expected!) but they did do a light-hearted “Noisy neighbours” feature in the build-up to the match with him and Crerand. He was also on the panel a few days later when we beat Wolves 5-2 in the League Cup.
While I have no doubt as to the accuracy of your stated facts they did drop him because of the comments. They had used him for city games since the inception of the premier league (I distinctly remember a mid 90s game against Wimbledon) and continued to do so until then. A poster on here once said they asked him about it and he stated that Sky didn’t “like him saying the truth” or words to that effect.

I think this was the game that hastened the bully's demise. He knew we were ready to start competing again, we had beaten them in the semi final the previous season and won the cup. For the first time in his reign he knew he had a local rival who could now compete on and off the field and his ego couldn't take it.

I am pleased we gave him the most humiliating defeat in his whole career and that he has stayed there long enough to watch their demise and our dominance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.