Not making europe

dazz46

If we dont get european football next season which is looking increasingly likely,are the only players we will be able to attract going to be mercenaries just after the money ?
Cannavaro is one that has allready been metioned he is in his thirties,and in my opinion would not be able to cope with the pace of the premier league,but would jump at the chance of making a load of money out of city

no the only european competition we had a chance of making was europa league do you really think robbie, de jong, given, bridge, swp all signed due to the fact of playing aalborg, midgyland, copenhagen, amonia etc,

Cannavaro is still mobile, due to his absolute commitment to his profession, and reads the game better than anyone. he would be an immense signing.
the best defender in the world for so long, would still be a big improvement on what we have and he could help Onouha develop into a world class defender

uwerosler28 said:
no the only european competition we had a chance of making was europa league do you really think robbie, de jong, given, bridge, swp all signed due to the fact of playing aalborg, midgyland, copenhagen, amonia etc,

Spot on, nobody signs because of UEFA Cup football so it does not really matter. The only thing that will matter will be the colour of our money and how we sell the ambition of the club to prospective signings.

It might restrict our options a wee bit. The very top players might be reluctant join a side not in Europe, but that doesn't really bother me just now.

Next season without Europe to worry about, we'll have a very strong squad no matter who we sign. Getting Petrov, Bojinov, Johnson (hopefully) fit will be like 3 new signings anyway. A couple of defenders and a regular goalscorer and i'd be very confident of finishing top 6, hopefully mounting a bit of a challenge for 4th place.

kiam06 said:
uwerosler28 said:

Spot on, nobody signs because of UEFA Cup football so it does not really matter. The only thing that will matter will be the colour of our money and how we sell the ambition of the club to prospective signings.

No but I bet it will emerge that Robinho will leave to play CL... the least he would have expected would have been UEFA cup and I also bet he wouldn't have signed if we hadn't been in that tournament!!

to be honest we should'nt just be signing players if they come just because were in europe, they should want to come because of the 'project' and to make us a better team

scorer said:
No but I bet it will emerge that Robinho will leave to play CL... the least he would have expected would have been UEFA cup and I also bet he wouldn't have signed if we hadn't been in that tournament!!

Sorry but that's bollocks mate

EDIT-

Think it was more like something to do with the way out of Madrid and a 160K per week wage packet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.