Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

City should have had at least one penalty. VAR and the PL did their job today, City didn't. They have to understand they start every match down a goal and go on from there.
Not for me with Haaland one. He had a better chance of scoring in that situation. Forest should have had a red in the first half with Worrall (but that would have made the game more difficult than it should be). Rodri got away with a foul later on in the half.

Pep didn't react to the Wood sub.

Phil caught in two minds but played well. Jack was excellent.

Him and Haaland have no excuse to not score, but neither do Rodri or Laporte.

Pathetic from Kev. Playing for himself again.

A dominant performance and we will come again, but this is why United are even being talked about, because this Arsenal are nothing special.

And we haven't been, barring a derby win.

Ref was a twat. Four minutes added time, player down for two of them, blows whistle on bang on.
Agree with all of that, but especially the last bit. So sick of seeing Prem refs not only give the absolute minimum injury time but also consistently fail to monitor and extend it accordingly when teams purposely waste as much as they can.

You can always bet on Prem refs blowing right on the dot when the standard 2/3/4 mins have elapsed.

I didn't like much about the last World Cup but one thing I did appreciate was referees applying a logical system to the calculation and implementation of injury time. Shame the league didn't learn anything from that.

Wasted opportunities...Foden to Haaland and the Haaland sitter the two stand out ones. The longer the game was 1-0 played right into Forest's hands. On the flip side, we didn't lose and who knows?...that point could be invaluable in the run-in.. No disrespect however but we really should be winning a game like this. Full credit to the hosts for hanging on in there, disappointing but a long way to go.
Mate. Agree with everything apart from your final sentence. They were probably and surprisingly the worst team we’ve played this season, piss poor. And they did nothing to hang in there, we cost ourselves 2 points, nothing they did

Wasted opportunities...Foden to Haaland and the Haaland sitter the two stand out ones. The longer the game was 1-0 played right into Forest's hands. On the flip side, we didn't lose and who knows?...that point could be invaluable in the run-in.. No disrespect however but we really should be winning a game like this. Full credit to the hosts for hanging on in there, disappointing but a long way to go.
You have to keep a positive slant if you want to get somewhere significant...

@Legal Alien
How the fuck didn't we win that.
A crazy game, totally dominant and we could've been 5 up easily.
We've just wasted a great opportunity there and given the arse a great boost, fuck!

This is true...and...as Pep would say (in the presser, at least), it's a sign that if we continue to make enough quality chances, chances are, we'll continue to do very well.

Long way to go...

It really is starting to look like a once great machine that has aged, been tinkered with, and fitted with less superior parts.

For me I am firmly believing the era is on the wane. The once great players have either left, aged or become ineffective, and the new blood is simply not the standard we thought. The pace and trickery of Sane, Sterling and Jesus has gone, KDB has aged years in months, the defense appears to be selected by tombola pre-match. Foden, Palmer, Diaz and Lewis are not as good as we may have thought. We need to stop kidding ourselves Ederson is a goalkeeper and find someone who is! Walker, Diaz, Laporte and Ake are our strongest 4 to play behind Rodri. The other 5 places and how to set them is the problem. I'm not sure Guardiola knows anymore and I'm not certain there is the variety of player within our squad to change our style. We are toothless in our finishing and paceless in our attacks. Surely to God there must be players in our academy that can offer something beyond sideways passing and geriatric pace.

Other than retaining possession, I cannot recognise any pattern of play! Every bloody game is 90 minutes of recycled pedestrian possession based dirge!

Still think we’ll win the title, squad is class. despite the poor result today the performances itself are improving. Once we get into the zone we’re far superior to Arsenal and Rags.
The pressure hasn’t even started and Arsenal won’t cope, especially with their fixtures in April/May.

Still a good week for us overall, far better than many negative folk on here predicted.

The players really did shoot their collective feet off. Phil, Erling, Kev, really?

One proper attack all game they had. One. Thats one less than two. We couldn't defend it. Laporte adds to his long list of costing us a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.