Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

When Ayew and Wood came on, I'd have liked Ake on in an orthodox back-four. We should have responded to their attacking changes a bit earlier.

I like Laporte overall, he's definitely a worthy third-choice CB option, but the truth for me is that Dias and Stones is our best pairing, as demonstrated in 20/21. I don't see it being deployed too often though, as long as we are playing with a false 3.

Everyone said 5 subs would benefit the top teams but I disagree. Forest hardly touched the ball today, so being able to change 5 players greatly helped their energy levels. All said and done though, we still had more than enough chances to win the game.

The lack of left-back hurts Grealish. He is a bit too hesitant in great situations, but if he had someone on the overlap he'd have more options and thus be less predictable.

Can he play left back ?
*lol* Well it was their half term this week and he attended a football school from 8-45 until 3.00 every day so you never know! His Mum did tell me on Thursday that he was really tired.

However he won’t be 7 until the first week in March. So I think we might have to wait a while. :-)

One of those game. City totally smashed them but customary worldie for the goalie , sucker punch , one shot one goal ,, etc etc
we know the script
Come on city

When Ayew and Wood came on, I'd have liked Ake on in an orthodox back-four. We should have responded to their attacking changes a bit earlier.

I like Laporte overall, he's definitely a worthy third-choice CB option, but the truth for me is that Dias and Stones is our best pairing, as demonstrated in 20/21. I don't see it being deployed too often though, as long as we are playing with a false 3.

Everyone said 5 subs would benefit the top teams but I disagree. Forest hardly touched the ball today, so being able to change 5 players greatly helped their energy levels. All said and done though, we still had more than enough chances to win the game.

The lack of left-back hurts Grealish. He is a bit too hesitant in great situations, but if he had someone on the overlap he'd have more options and thus be less predictable.
Everyone, knew Ake on was the correct substitution. Make that sub you win the game.

It really is starting to look like a once great machine that has aged, been tinkered with, and fitted with less superior parts.

For me I am firmly believing the era is on the wane. The once great players have either left, aged or become ineffective, and the new blood is simply not the standard we thought. The pace and trickery of Sane, Sterling and Jesus has gone, KDB has aged years in months, the defense appears to be selected by tombola pre-match. Foden, Palmer, Diaz and Lewis are not as good as we may have thought. We need to stop kidding ourselves Ederson is a goalkeeper and find someone who is! Walker, Diaz, Laporte and Ake are our strongest 4 to play behind Rodri. The other 5 places and how to set them is the problem. I'm not sure Guardiola knows anymore and I'm not certain there is the variety of player within our squad to change our style. We are toothless in our finishing and paceless in our attacks. Surely to God there must be players in our academy that can offer something beyond sideways passing and geriatric pace.

Other than retaining possession, I cannot recognise any pattern of play! Every bloody game is 90 minutes of recycled pedestrian possession based dirge!
I think your username is very apt

Once it gets to 80 and they’ve sent the big man on surely you start to go to game management.

Friends - I didn’t watch the match and followed (helplessly) on Twitter. I have now seen brief highlights and it looks like we had a decent number of chances, didn’t take more than one (and that was a half chance) and came away with a draw.
That can happen.
We were fantastic on Wednesday and I walked away from the Emirates on a high.
I need to watch the full 90 of today but I was also in attendance against Villa and thought we were excellent.
I am disappointed, as we all are, but am I wrong in thinking that if we keep creating this many chances, we will win enough matches to win the league?

How the fuck did they get to 0.98? Just for their one shot on target?

Talk about the rag Qatari hypocrites. There is quite a few hypocrites on here.
Thought our football was fantastic today . just bad finishing. Also thought Ake should have been brought on for the last 15 minutes. If your not putting the ball in the net , protect what you already have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.