Nottingham Forest (A) | Post Match Thread

If Forrest away is a tricky fixture then I’m assuming Leipzig on Wednesday is an impossible game?
With the home crowd with an Champions League winner as a goalkeeper, Forest was tricky. Especially if we didn't put the effort in (which we did for most parts)

Last edited:
KdB was well bellow par and he's been crap according to standards he set ever since the WC. Haaland shouldn't be the starter for this kind of games, just doesn't work against ten behind the ball defence. Riyad on and Foden through middle would not be any worse.
But Pep is really taking this season as some kind of a wild ride where he can do 'fuck all' experimenting and that bullshit.
We didn't win because we missed sitters and probably this thread would be totally different. But we've been following the pattern this season of conceding every game, dropping mentally if struggling to score the second goal, just too much hit and miss for a true title challenge. Arsenal might go through a blip, but we just do not have consistency of good games and results. Simples!
Haaland gets plenty of praise for his goals, understandably, but his hold up play in the middle of the park needs to improve. Just before the goal we were starting to drop deeper and we needed him to come short and help out, but he just couldn’t. It’s why Kane is a better all round footballer at the moment. It will come for Haaland, he’s still young, but he’s far from the finished article.

Guardiola is working with a small, trusted squad, but it’s too small to win on three fronts.

I think this is why we will struggle to win the champions league. I always feel we need to be at least 2 up before I feel comfortable. You can sometimes get away with it in the league because you play so many games but in cup competitions you can't.
Bang on BW

This left back issue will cost us the title. It's already cause a lot of dropped points and it's another 2 points dropped because of it

His execution could be better but he causes opponents problems and makes them work; well apart from some of his godawful shots today.
Love the guy, he's up there with the best but you can't hold down a place in this team on the back of one or two decent passes per game. Today we didn't even get that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.