Nottingham Forest (H) - Sat 23rd Sept, 15:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
in the match-day forum, there will knee-jerk, attention-seeking posts. There will be posts complaining about this. The word "shit" will be by far the dominant adjective, be it applied to the team, individual players, early leavers, the queues in the bars, Var, referees and away fans. Looking forward to being proved right :)

Just seen something on Forest's main forum. It was in the 89-90 season. Their player head's the ball out of Dibble's hand, and then puts it into the net. Goal allowed! The basis was that Dibble was only holding it with one hand (he's clearly completely in control of it. And actually, I've never played keeper, but it strikes me that when you're just about to kick it upfield, as Dibble was clearly about to do, you very often hold it with one hand, rather than both, for a brief instant).
Never seen that before. Was the ref right within the strict laws of the game? Would he be right today?

On a side note: on the sidelines. Howard Kendall doing his nut. Aah, what could have been! Howard, why oh why did you go? The nineties would surely have been different.
Yep, still gutted he went when he did...

There is no doubt, IMO. As teams have grown accustomed to our domination of the ball and our relentless passing game, they began to learn that a deep block, populating the passing lanes with bodies, could frustrate for long periods. Once again, Pep shows why he is a truly great manager, by beginning to incorporate more players who can move at pace with the ball. This negates the ease of blocking the passing lanes as the way to beat us - we now can pass, or beat the man.
There is no doubt, IMO. As teams have grown accustomed to our domination of the ball and our relentless passing game, they began to learn that a deep block, populating the passing lanes with bodies, could frustrate for long periods. Once again, Pep shows why he is a truly great manager, by beginning to incorporate more players who can move at pace with the ball. This negates the ease of blocking the passing lanes as the way to beat us - we now can pass, or beat the man.
Totally agree. With the added bonus that Kovacic,Gvardiol etc, look very solid with it.

in the match-day forum, there will knee-jerk, attention-seeking posts. There will be posts complaining about this. The word "shit" will be by far the dominant adjective, be it applied to the team, individual players, early leavers, the queues in the bars, Var, referees and away fans. Looking forward to being proved right :)
I should jolly well hope so. It would then be a fair reflection of our support. There seems to be a misconception that individual reactions there are the somehow different from individual reactions in the ground itself. It is a universal truth that people will moan and people will moan about people who moan; I find myself moaning…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.