Nottingham Forest (H) | Sat 23rd Sept | PL | Post Match Thread

Obviously disappointing with the Rodri sending off. Forest player was pathetic but you can't put hands round someone's neck.

Overall though I think it will do us some good having to dig in a bit. Forest played well and it shows we can defend when things go against us. Also some great saves from Ederson proving he's not just quality with his feet.

Hope Phillips can prove his worth now he's got a chance to play.

Good 3 points all things considered

Stupid from Rodri, totally avoidable

Great shift from the rest of the lads in the second half

Rodri was stupid. If he used his brain, there'd be no decision for Taylor to make.
It was all over a bit of nothing, a shove in the back by Gibbs-White, a bit of argie-bargie, barrel chesting stuff by the both of them, whatever that is, I’m sure if they look at themselves in the morning doing that, they’d be embarrassed. Then Rodri just lost his cool, whether the Forest player said something, who knows? But blimey, he should know better than that, how about, “I’ll show you the medals at the end of the game”…anything, rather than get involved in a tussle, that’s what teams want and he fell for it.

Obviously disappointing with the Rodri sending off. Forest player was pathetic but you can't put hands round someone's neck.

Overall though I think it will do us some good having to dig in a bit. Forest played well and it shows we can defend when things go against us. Also some great saves from Ederson proving he's not just quality with his feet.

Hope Phillips can prove his worth now he's got a chance to play.
Anyone worried about whether the team, Pep and fans would be hungry to do four in a row now have an answer.

We won, in the face of some garbage refereeing and opposition better suited to a rugby league pitch - Sheffield Utd are closer to a football team than Forest are. We do need some bodies back from the physio table, though. Oh, and if I did my job like Taylor does his, security would be showing me to the main entrance with truncheons. Knob.

If he would have jumped in with both feet and put his studs in Gibbs-White knee as a reaction and statement to these shitbags I would have applauded him for it, but doing what he did was just plain stupid and uncharacteristically immature from him.

I also understand its a clear red under current rules, but it feels a bit silly that you can literally kick someone repeatedly with little to no punishment and you get a red from a reaction that doesnt endanger the opponent in any way. What kind of idiot came up with the rule that pushing the opponent should be punished harder than kicking him?

Rodri won us the Champions League so he is off the hook in my book but he has now put our team in a difficult situation, especially since we could already barely assemble a bench before his 3 match ban. We can just pray we dont get any more injuries now. And that we beat Arsenal anyway, which I think we will.
Unfortunately, it's a red card all day long for Rodri. You can't put your hands round an opponent's throat. Weird rule, eh ;)

Under normal conditions, he KNOWS he can't do what he did, which is probably why he almost instantly let go of the shit-bag who'd been kicking him from behind for 45 mins as his brain kicked in and the red mist cleared.

I'm actually looking forward to a Pep master-tactical switch-around vs Arsenal, they won't know what's hit them.

Reactions: kun
Rodri was a fucking idiot but Taylor allowing a bunch of cart-horses to kick lumps out of us all game was the reason why there was so much animosity on the pitch.

It was a good win in the end with Forest creating next to fuck all even with an extra man for 45 mins.

The worrying thing is that midfield without Rodri. Nunes looks fine on the ball but off it, he looks a bit lost. Philips is Philips, looks completely out of his depth. We need Kovacic and/or Stones fit, and sharpish.
Young Lewis isn't a shabby option ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.