Nottingham Forest (H) - Wed 31 Aug, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The line up could be interesting. Will Pep use the game to rest some of the lads, and give the likes of Gomez, Alvarez, Phillips, Lewis and Grealish (even Ortega) some game time? He clearly won't play all of them; naive to think otherwise. But I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Kev, Bernie, Thor/EB and Rodri having the evening off. Our "second" team would hopefully have enough to overcome Forest, spirited as they will undoubtedly be.
We can but hope. It would be nice for the young lads to come on after 68 minutes rather than 88 minutes. Would be brilliant if some started.

The line up could be interesting. Will Pep use the game to rest some of the lads, and give the likes of Gomez, Alvarez, Phillips, Lewis and Grealish (even Ortega) some game time? He clearly won't play all of them; naive to think otherwise. But I wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Kev, Bernie, Thor/EB and Rodri having the evening off. Our "second" team would hopefully have enough to overcome Forest, spirited as they will undoubtedly be.

No.

Short, and to the point.

Phillips is injured, so is Grealish.
He won't play Lewis or Gomez from the start, drop the keeper er no.
Rodri and Haaland not to start ?
I doubt if he believes Alvarez has the discipline yet to start

At 4-0 he will look forward to Villa.

Of course injuries and niggles will have a say, more changes will occur as the schedule increases, hope that is a little more extensive -)

Play the strongest team available. Plenty of time ahead to rotate. Alveraz and Gundo to start for me would be a welcome move.We don’t always need to flood midfield with the fullbacks. It is slowing down the early ball into Haaland and leaving us exposed once we loose the ball on the wings or with the fullbacks not taking the correct pass. Some players need to adapt to having an out and out forward.

First 10/15 min will be interesting to see if the defence is going to be an issue this season. It won’t be long until a better team punish us.

Tough to break down but we will turn the screw second half. Kev and Foden with the goals.

No Mahrez pep, badly out of form. We need to match Forrest running about from the start.

3-1 no clean sheet again.

I’d be very surprised if we weren’t at pretty much full strength again on Wednesday. Think we’ll see 1/2 changes from Saturday’s starting XI at most.

Whenever we underestimate the opposition & make several changes, we struggle.

Possibly it just gives the wrong message to those who *are* playing, and to the crowd ... and gives the opposition just the boost they need.

Probably better to go strong & then if we happen to find ourselves comfortably ahead with 20 mins to go, bring on the youngsters / less used players ?

Thor has to play.
Gundogan has to play.
Bernie has to play.
Kev has to play.
Ederson has to play.
Dias and Stones have to play.
Rodri has to play.
Any other 3 and we will win.
God (or Zeus in Haaland’s case) wills it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.