Notts County away 1991?

Pubteam Lomas said:
Alfons Groenendijk (?) played in the game as well.
Funny Reid had some real issues with players like Allen, but loved people Alfons and Danny Hoekman!!!

I thought Brian Horton signed Groenendjik? Might be wrong though.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 pm --<br /><br />
ChorltonAzzurro said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGO0iRFBNw[/youtube]

This was my first away game, great footage!

Brings back memories,we were behind the goal where City scored their 3 but in the County end,I remember City fans giving us the Gareth Hunt salute til we mouthed we were City fans too,hence the big grins. I remember being at the FA Cup game too where we did everything but score,King of the Kippax had a cartoon in the next issue with police checking the County goal with the caption
"There doesnt seem to be any means of entry!"

I recall being bitten by a police dog through the fencing at Notts County - after manager came on pitch to plead for calm - think it was a promotion battle which we lost 3-2 (might just as easily been FA Cup). Memory a little hazy now, but recall also the small cafe/shed at the top of the cop end being lifted up and tossed down the stairs with the woman still inside it!
Seem to remember we scored two cracking goals and then hit the bar in the last minute?
If memory serves me right, the game was played at lunchtime, and Forest were playing Portsmouth later on. Had missiles thrown at our car by x3 sets of different supporters....................................scallywags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.