Notts County Away

Hughesy is always the first thing opposition fans pick up on and its quite silly really. They chant at him like he doesnt know what happened, when Im pretty sure he was there. Of course he regrets what happened and I know for a fact that he does quite a bit for the charity of the family of the deceased and is in contact with them often - no it doesnt make things right but it shows remorse and self improvement.

The thing that annoys me most is while people are chanting 'murderer' like it was their own kin, I bet none of them even know the name of the deceased or anything about him, so is it really any of the fans business? I know that if my dad was killed in similar circumstances I wouldnt want a bunch of half drunk, usually jealous losers chanting about it.

Oh, and fans chanting abuse at Lee usually fires him up and often results in a goal.

Not here to argue though, thats just my view of the situation.

SuperNotts said:
Blue-Eyes said:
As true as it is, in the eyes of the law and judicial system he's served his time. Rehabilitation of offenders act and all that.
That said, it must be sickening for the family of the guy he killed having to see him doing his stupid little jig when he scores.

He done it before that happened so what's the problem?
Seeing the guy that murdered your Son / Brother / Dad on TV doing a stupid little dance with a smug grin on his face?

I've changed my opinion of him now actually. F*ck the rehabilition of offenders act (most criminals reoffend anyway), send him back down!

Generally, clubs do what they want so I fully expect the Brum game to be moved back to the Wednesday. I must say if it means City are more likely to get 3 pts then I would prefer it, although I have sympathy with those who have already booked trains, and some with accommodation because I have found myself out of pocket in the past.

NottsCountyFC said:
Hughesy is always the first thing opposition fans pick up on and its quite silly really. They chant at him like he doesnt know what happened, when Im pretty sure he was there. Of course he regrets what happened and I know for a fact that he does quite a bit for the charity of the family of the deceased and is in contact with them often - no it doesnt make things right but it shows remorse and self improvement.

The thing that annoys me most is while people are chanting 'murderer' like it was their own kin, I bet none of them even know the name of the deceased or anything about him, so is it really any of the fans business? I know that if my dad was killed in similar circumstances I wouldnt want a bunch of half drunk, usually jealous losers chanting about it.

Oh, and fans chanting abuse at Lee usually fires him up and often results in a goal.

couple of points.
1, he brought it all on himself, all offenders do.

2, i dont go with chanting things about someones private life but thats not to say some people will, its something he'll have to live with, one thing for sure had it been an opponant of yours you''d be giving him stick.

de niro said:
NottsCountyFC said:

couple of points.
1, he brought it all on himself, all offenders do.

2, i dont go with chanting things about someones private life but thats not to say some people will, its something he'll have to live with, one thing for sure had it been an opponant of yours you''d be giving him stick.

Firstly as the other Notts posters have said, if you need to know anything about where to park, eat drink etc then just ask and we will be happy to advise.

In regards to Lee Hughes, yes he committed a crime, yes he served his time, yes he is a complete w*nker, yes he winds up the opposition and fans, yes he scores us goals and yes if he played for anyone else we would be chanting the same things as all our opposition do.

The thing is, he is remourseful, is in regular contact with the family of the deceased man and he see's no reason not to celebrate scoring a goal, whether its right or wrong is not for me to judge.

I see the knives are out now for Hughesy.

I would love to hear how you all seem to know he has no remorse, without knowing him or having spoken to him? Also, should he be banned from celebrating a goal?

You call him scum, but what would be the word for your fans when you couldnt take being 3-0 down to us back in the 80's? Or was that perfectly acceptable in your eyes as it was your fans?

Again, not wanting to cause a mass arguement - just intrigued.

It happens everytime I come on other boards offering a bit of info and banter - someone brings up Hughesys private life and it all goes to pot.

I wont comment further on the matter, but will still be happy to answer any questions about us :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.