Salisbury nerve agent attack. Inside story. BBC 1

41801928_469969146840892_6148930684263071744_n.jpg

Sorry if this is considered off topic but I just wanted to share a thought I had as I was watching a video on the most poisonousness animals.

The comparisons to Botulinum Toxin had me wondering has there been any known examples of it being weaponised? It's described as the most lethal naturally occurring(produced by a type of bacteria found in soil) toxin known to mankind. I remember reading that one crystalline gram of it would be enough to kill 1 million people. In 2013 type H was discovered and thought to be so dangerous, with no known antitoxins, that scientists refused to release the gene sequence for the first time. Injected, 2-billionths of a gram would be lethal, by comparison arsenic becomes lethal at 1-10th of a gram. Inhaled Type H is lethal at as low as 13-billionths of a gram.

Maybe it's considered too potent even for the madmen of the world?

I'm surprised people were happy to pump botox(derived from type A) into their faces without worrying about unforeseen long term risks and whatnot, or did they simply not know where it came from?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is considered off topic but I just wanted to share a thought I had as I was watching a video on the most poisonousness animals.

The comparisons to Botulinum Toxin had me wondering has their been any known examples of it being weaponised? It's described as the most lethal naturally occurring(produced by a type of bacteria found in soil) toxin known to mankind. I remember reading that one crystalline gram of it would be enough to kill 1 million people. In 2013 type H was discovered and thought to be so dangerous, with no known antitoxins, that scientists refused to release the gene sequence for the first time. Injected, 2-billionths of a gram would be lethal, by comparison arsenic becomes lethal at 1-10th of a gram. Inhaled Type H is lethal at as low as 13-billionths of a gram.

I'm surprised people were happy to pump botox(derived from type A) into their faces without worrying about unforeseen long term risks and whatnot, or did they simply not know where it came from?

Remind me to never piss you off.

The comparisons to Botulinum Toxin had me wondering has their been any known examples of it being weaponised? It's described as the most lethal naturally occurring(produced by a type of bacteria found in soil) toxin known to mankind. I remember reading that one crystalline gram of it would be enough to kill 1 million people. In 2013 type H was discovered and thought to be so dangerous, with no known antitoxins, that scientists refused to release the gene sequence for the first time. Injected, 2-billionths of a gram would be lethal, by comparison arsenic becomes lethal at 1-10th of a gram. Inhaled Type H is lethal at as low as 13-billionths of a gram.

In around 20 years my guess is they'll be thousands of women with their faces literally hanging off if not worse. I just can't accept injecting your face with this stuff is in any way good for you.

In around 20 years my guess is they'll be thousands of women with their faces literally hanging off if not worse. I just can't accept injecting your face with this stuff is in any way good for you.
Or maybe that's how Zombies will finally come to pass?

To be fair I didn't even know where botox came from either. They use venom in medicine studies I suppose but seeing those figures I'd have thought if nature was ever trying to tell us anything, it would be that stuff doesn't belong in the living.

The comparisons to Botulinum Toxin had me wondering has there been any known examples of it being weaponised? It's described as the most lethal naturally occurring(produced by a type of bacteria found in soil) toxin known to mankind. I remember reading that one crystalline gram of it would be enough to kill 1 million people. In 2013 type H was discovered and thought to be so dangerous, with no known antitoxins, that scientists refused to release the gene sequence for the first time. Injected, 2-billionths of a gram would be lethal, by comparison arsenic becomes lethal at 1-10th of a gram. Inhaled Type H is lethal at as low as 13-billionths of a gram.

Remind me to never piss you off.
You'll be safe as long as you don't do any gardening for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.