now for a right back

I think Micah will flourish this season as he wont be able to look around and think he is too good for the team, something i believe may have been going through his mind for much of last season.

Richards has the potential to be a genuine world class full-back imo, and this season could be when that potential starts to show.

We don't need a RB we have 2 good 1s in Zab and Micah we need cover for Bridge or someone to replace bcause IMO he looked dodgy quite a few time last year he gave a few goals away

PabZab said:
We have it covered with Richards and Zab.

Here here. Zab then Richards in my opinion but yes we have it covered. Left back is more of a concern.

Mossy.

New left back is needed to replace or to compete with Bridge, imo he didn't justify his huge transfer fee and large wage packet last season. For me I would like to see a bid for Gareth Bale.

It amazes me that people still think we need another RB. It's probably the one position in our team we already had plenty of cover for. Target men yes, CBs yes, Gk yes, LB yes Barry was a great utility purchase to cover DM, CM and LB, but RBs not needed at all!

lionheart said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
For me I would like to see a bid for Gareth Bale.
He is not good enough...we need somebody much better.
I have to disagree with you on this mate, he has had an average season at spurs (24 games without being on the winning team) and twitcher doesn't seem a huge fan so possibly could be got at a good price. He's only just about to turn 20 and has the potential to be an amazing left back in the future but has proved he can compete at this level already. Only other player I would like to see at City is Clichy but he would cost a significant amount more.

There aren't that many exceptional left backs around at the moment so taking a risk on a young prospect may become a real option.

Don't forget we are grooming Trippier now for a few years. I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes is suffiently impressed with the lad to let him cover for the current seniors who can play RB - Zabba, Richards and Onouha.

BlueMoonWalker said:
lionheart said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
For me I would like to see a bid for Gareth Bale.
He is not good enough...we need somebody much better.
I have to disagree with you on this mate, he has had an average season at spurs (24 games without being on the winning team) and twitcher doesn't seem a huge fan so possibly could be got at a good price. He's only just about to turn 20 and has the potential to be an amazing left back in the future but has proved he can compete at this level already. Only other player I would like to see at City is Clichy but he would cost a significant amount more.

There aren't that many exceptional left backs around at the moment so taking a risk on a young prospect may become a real option.

I agree fully on that one, except besides Clichy there are a few more worthy left backs in my opinion like Urby Emanuelson (Ajax) and Guardado (Deportivo La Coruña).
They're both internationals for their countries and because of their age it is likely that they will improve in the future as well.
Emanuelson and Guardado are really fast and technical left backs and can both be positioned as left attacking midfielders/left wingers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.