now for a right back

Fuzzmaster101 said:
It amazes me that people still think we need another RB. It's probably the one position in our team we already had plenty of cover for. Target men yes, CBs yes, Gk yes, LB yes Barry was a great utility purchase to cover DM, CM and LB, but RBs not needed at all!
100% agree, two quality players already, two young pleayers in fact. obviously we are going to spend each year but we do need a core to give us stability. i see both of these players as long term. they are already good enough.

Right back is fine, micah has the potential to be world class he has one bad season and all of a sudden he's shite? bit of faith in him and we'll see him back to the form that made him englands youngest defender. I'd like taiwo from marseille or gibbs from arsenal as a second left back option. Lescott coming in would mean we wouldn't need to bring anybody in though as he can do a good job there. Terry and Lescott and then top 4 here we come!

uwe rosler 28 said:
now with all the attacking options look like being tied up we must be turning our attentions towards defensive targets i know we are being strongly linked with terry and lesscott but it was'nt so long a go that we were being linked with johnson and maicon players we aparently bids for this must be a area mark hughes is looking to strengten so who do you think he will go for would'nt suprise me if they go with a big bid for lahm?

Plenty of sense written in this post.Although I think Lahm is a right footed left back.The right back position is becoming more important in modern football and right backs should be as athletic as Micah Richards is ;but far better on the ball.If you had a mixture of Micah Richards athletic qulities at his best with Kieran Trippiers ability on the ball you would have someone good enough.Zabaletta is a good squad palyer but as City move on not good enough to be a right back for a top 4 side unless he trains on this season.

Cashley anyone? This was a quote from The Sun couple weeks ago.

The England star, 28, has turned down the offer which would leave him £30,000-a-week short of the club's top earners.

Real Madrid were going to make a bid for him but nothing has happened so far...

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Cashley anyone? This was a quote from The Sun couple weeks ago.

The England star, 28, has turned down the offer which would leave him £30,000-a-week short of the club's top earners.

Real Madrid were going to make a bid for him but nothing has happened so far...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

if we are after competition for bridge at left back ive heard theres a brazilian that goes by the name of Berti who plays there, maybe be we should sign him up.

;)

I don't think we need an right back but I think Alvaro Arbeloa from Liverpool would be a good signing.

Phillip Lahm would be a great signing. He plays left back for Bayern but is right footed so could easily slot in on the right side.

Can't see us going in for him though, I'd be very surprised if Hughes signed any players from outside of the Premiership this summer. Every single player we've signed this window is proven Premiership class - not a gamble in sight. And to think I was once excited at the thought of seeing Ousmane Dabo in a City shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.