Nuno Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this as well. Might just be me but he does not look all that from videos which every player looks good from Youtube videos haha

Not sure if thats just me though
At 18 his speed, athletisn and power seems overwhelming. In a way he is more a mix btw Mendy and Alphonzo Davies. But yes, the similarities to Mendy are quite clear.

He is far more athletic in my opinion. Thus he'd be a far better defender. A bit like Wan Bissaka in that respect. I can see him giving Sterling fits in practice.

I can see why we are in for him. But personally hopes he develops his game far more on the technical side.

I see this as well. Might just be me but he does not look all that from videos which every player looks good from Youtube videos haha

Not sure if thats just me though
Defenders' highlight reels are usually far less impressive. Zabba and Vinnie didn't have particularly convincing youtube videos when we signed them. Mangala on the other hand looked a beast on YT.

Very hard to tell.

Watching the Portugal game, Mendes looks a very good player. Power, pace and strength, dare I say it similar to Mendy before his injuries.

Yeah after watching a couple of these games I'm also convinced.

Physically looks very good for being 18, tall, strong and fast.

Technically, he shields the ball well, controls it well and can dribble like a winger. His passing range is pretty good, he hasn't had too many chances to cross though, but the few times he has they are decent passes, not KdB or Cancelo good though.

Defensively sound as well, the competition isn't exceptional by any means but you can only defend whats in front of you and he can.

If we can get for less than his release clause then its a great deal, let's hope we can move Mendy on though or else I don't see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.