Nuno Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have missed his point i think. The point isn't the players we missed, but the lack of planning in the face of such failures.

He's exactly right.
But then problem is we have no idea what the club were thinking. Most of us (myself included) have made a few wrong assumptions about the club and what they've been up to this summer, so who really knows?

I'm not denying that the club maybe didn't do its due diligence, but at the same time none of us can say with any certainty that that was the case either.

So what have Chelsea and more so United won over the recent years? Chelsea the Chimps League at our expense. Shit happens. We should know this more than any other fan.
They have had mediocre managers...a rather obvious oversight. Chelsea did have sarri who i rate but he didn't speak good english and didn't command respect.

But then problem is we have no idea what the club were thinking. Most of us (myself included) have made a few wrong assumptions about the club and what they've been up to this summer, so who really knows?

I'm not denying that the club maybe didn't do its due diligence, but at the same time none of us can say with any certainty that that was the case either.
Maybe this is right. Maybe the rumour about us having a forward lined up for january all fits into the plan...in which case i will eat humble pie. Come next summer though if we are in the same boat then i guess we'll know for sure.

As it stands on 31st august 2021 i'm personally not impressed at all by what we have done this summer. A luxury signing(who i love tbf) is all we have done on a release clause. No LB, no CDM, no CF.

Maybe this is right. Maybe the rumour about us having a forward lined up for january all fits into the plan...in which case i will eat humble pie. Come next summer though if we are in the same boat then i guess we'll know for sure.

As it stands on 31st august 2021 i'm personally not impressed at all by what we have done this summer. A luxury signing(who i love tbf) is all we have done on a release clause. No LB, no CDM, no CF.
You're within your rights to feel like that, but it doesn't change the fact that we don't really know why all this has all happened the way it has.

You have missed his point i think. The point isn't the players we missed, but the lack of planning in the face of such failures. He's exactly right too.

No good saying its our amazing planning being the reason we've been so successful...its largely down to pep who has managed a squad with obvious deficiencies to title wins. The squad recruitment side is whats potentially stopped us going even further. We are not nearly as well planned as what many like to believe and this summer has cemented that for me.

We'll be found out when pep leaves and a new manager is expacted to come up with solutions to cover our weaknesses in one or two positions.
I do have to agree with this a bit but nothing and nobody is perfect. Can’t understand why LB and CF gaps haven’t been filled. It could cost us very badly

looks fantastic, but how much are they paying for that lot in wages ? messi,ramos,donnarumma,wijnaldum and hakimi are all free transfers so will be earning top dollar, it annoys me when we get lumped in with them about ffp

they are forking out at least 1.5 m per week for that lot
1.5m? I’d say probably double

Some people seem angry that we didn’t move for him, but it’s pretty plausible that he might just have preferred PSG. Doubt it’s as straightforward as us simply turning down the chance to sign him.
Maybe their offer made more sense, who knows. Just because the club wants to put out we were never in, especially after the deal is closed, doesn’t mean it’s necessarily true. Optics.

My guess is we will end up spending more on a left back that won’t turn out as good as this kid

I like our squad and have full faith in Pep, but more and more it feels like something fucking weird is going on.

The whole summer we had to hear about Kane constantly, and now we're finding out that we made 1 cheeky bid in the Euros and the Spurs refused to talk to us at all. So why did we not move on, or if there was no one else why continue the circus as if the transfer was real?

We sulposedly weren't that interested in Ronaldo, but managed to allow Mendes to make it look like we were enough to convince United to buy him and strengthen themselves massively.

We knew Mendy had been arrested on suspicion of multiple rapes and false imprisonment, and we had no plans for a left back? Seriously? Did no one think an arrest might lead to something?

We are obviously 1 player light at DM but not even a runour linking us to one of those.

It feels like something weird is going on.
We also couldn't manage to find suitors for Bernardo or Laporte...I wonder how much of the business this summer was predicated on outgoings that never happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.