Nuri Sahin??

brian the blue

Anyone know what's happened to him at Real?

He was brilliant for Dortmund last season when they won the league, went to Real and got injured I think. A few weeks ago I saw him on the bench with the commentators saying how he had looked good in his cameo appearances, but I was watching the Real game at the weekend and they had Granero in there and no Sahin.

Does anyone know the Sahin situation any better? As, if he isn't getting games there then i'd love to see him here. Massive step up on Barry/Milner/De Jong.

Injuries have played a part but he also seems a little down the pecking order with Alonso, Khedira, Diarra, Granero seemingly ahead of him. There was a suggestion about a month ago that he could be allowed to go out on loan next season and while I think United would make more sense for both player and club we should look into him. Left footed like Barry so could cover there or overtake, who knows while might be very useful while Yaya is away.

Mourinho apparently doesn't rate him as good enough at that level, which raises the question... why did he buy him? Or did the chiefs above him buy Sahin as a lot of these clubs seem to choose players for the manager instead of vice versa. He was brilliant at Dortmund but Madrid can be a career damaging move for a young player unless the young player is ready for it. I could see him joining an English or Italian club in the summer, Inter would be a good move for him as they need a rebuild.

LoveCity said:
Mourinho apparently doesn't rate him as good enough at that level, which raises the question... why did he buy him? Or did the chiefs above him buy Sahin as a lot of these clubs seem to choose players for the manager instead of vice versa. He was brilliant at Dortmund but Madrid can be a career damaging move for a young player unless the young player is ready for it. I could see him joining an English or Italian club in the summer, Inter would be a good move for him as they need a rebuild.

I'd love to see him here. Could be a cheaper alternative to someone like Martinez or whoever we have in mind in the summer.

LoveCity said:
Actually he was a Mourihno purchase. But Mourihno doesn't think he has stepped up to the higher level. Barca and Real play at a higher level than every other club. And you have to step your game up to match up. Injury slowed him down obviously, but Mourihno thinks he is not up to the tempo yet. I saw his last game, and he looked excellent. I believe he'd be starting next year. If not, we should go get him quick. He is a fantastic talent.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:16 am --<br /><br />
brian the blue said:
LoveCity said:

I'd love to see him here. Could be a cheaper alternative to someone like Martinez or whoever we have in mind in the summer.
For me I want Martinez as a CD. I know he is a good CM, but I think he'd be an even better CD in a year or 2. Besides it works to his advantage if he switches to CD. The competition for spots at CM is just too great. He has a better chance of making the starting 11 for Spain at CD. Puyol is old nd their is a vacancy there.

CM is just chuck full with too many talented players ahead of or around him.

Dax,

Are you saying Martinez would not get in our starting 11 next to Yaya due to the presence of Milner, Barry, Hargreaves, Pizzaro and DeJong or have I misunderstood your comments. If you are then I would have to disagree for a number of reasons:

1. If we aquired Martinez, Hargreaves and Pizzaro would be released
2. DeJong looks as though he will be sold and in any case Martinez is better defensively and far more creative.
3. Martinez is a better box to box midfielder than Milner.
4. Martinez is a more creative midfielder than Barry and is significantly younger and getting better year on year.

Martinez should be our number 1 target simply because of the above with the added bonus of being able to play CB better than what we have with the exception of Kompany.

This aquisition is a complete no brainer and I fail to see why anyone would argue against it.

Just one more point on Martinez, he can and has played further forward as an AMF, his best showing in this position was in the under 21 comp when Mata was played out wide and he basically ran the show (can't remember the game).

Mad 4 It said:
Dax,

Are you saying Martinez would not get in our starting 11 next to Yaya due to the presence of Milner, Barry, Hargreaves, Pizzaro and DeJong or have I misunderstood your comments. If you are then I would have to disagree for a number of reasons:

1. If we aquired Martinez, Hargreaves and Pizzaro would be released
2. DeJong looks as though he will be sold and in any case Martinez is better defensively and far more creative.
3. Martinez is a better box to box midfielder than Milner.
4. Martinez is a more creative midfielder than Barry and is significantly younger and getting better year on year.

Martinez should be our number 1 target simply because of the above with the added bonus of being able to play CB better than what we have with the exception of Kompany.

This aquisition is a complete no brainer and I fail to see why anyone would argue against it.
No, No, No, No! I was talking about Martinez's international carreer. At City, he'd displace anyone we have in midfield. But for Spain there just seems to be a gluttony of midfielders, and many more coming up.

You have Alonzo, Busquet, Fabregas, Xavi, Alacantara, Bruno, Valero, Gabi and Martinez all vying for a spot. Now Silva, Mata, Carzola, Iniesta, Navas, and Pedro also add a gluttony of talent to the wide positions, so the 5 midfield spots and 5 backup spots will be fought over between about 16 players.

The bolded are almost guaranteed a spot. That is 8 players definitely in. Leaving 2 spots for 9 players.

And this doesn't even consider up and comers with good seasons this year like Benat, Raul Garcia and Verdu or yougsters like Susuaeta, De Marcos, Anders, Muniain and Isco Alarcon.

Now compare that to the Central defense. Where there is
Pique, Ramos if he moves to CD permanently, Puyol (who is aging) and then crickets. Martinez is already better than Albiol, Arbeloa, Montoya, and Marcheda. Probably better than Puyol by the summer Euros. His only real competition is Ramos. And that is if Ramos is moved to CD. Which is unlikely, coz the RB position is weak without Ramos.

So pretty much, Martinez should be a spanish starting CD by summer of 2013 at the latest if he stays at CD permanently.

P.s: I think Martinez is a fine player and would be excited about his coming here. Just saying I'd prefer him as a CD, because I think that is his best position, and the best position to pursue for his career Internationally.

Mad 4 It said:
Just one more point on Martinez, he can and has played further forward as an AMF, his best showing in this position was in the under 21 comp when Mata was played out wide and he basically ran the show (can't remember the game).
There is no such game. I have most of the matches of the tournament on file, and Martinez simply never was the AMF. Yes, there were games where Mata was moved outside, but this had nothing to do with Martinez.

Spain in every game, played a 433

They line up like this
Montoya..Botia..Dominguez..VIla (defenese was constant)
.................Martinez................ (he too was constant
.........Anders.......Alacantara.... (Alacantara too was constant.)
Mata........Lopez.......Krkic

Sometimes it was
Capel........Lopez.........Jefren

or Lopez...Jefren.....Muniain

In those games Mata joined Alacantara in the middle. At no point did Martinez play anything other than DM. This however does not mean he can't play AM. Just that he didn't at that competition.

Martinez is simply a must buy. Very versatile and we should use him in the midfield. But of course if needed then he can be used at CB.

A deep-lying playmaker wouldn't be bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.