Oasis Top 5

Noel is an absolute legend. He has Utd as much as anyone on here, and he plays pranks on Shrek. Whats not to love? The blue guitar story was just priceless.

Anyway,

1. Fuckin in the bushes
2. Digsy's Dinner
3. She's Electric
4. Dont Look Back in Anger
5. Noels live version of There is a Light That Never Goes Out (technically not Oasis, but whatever)

1. Wonderwall
2. Don't look back in anger
3. Roll with it (Remember this one as the run out tune at Maine Road)
4. Champagne Supernova
5. Hello

All tunes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQzm0WlRcg[/youtube]

My favourite 5 Oasis tracks:

1. Colombia (Definately, Maybe; track #5)
2. Soldier On (Dig Out Your Soul; track #11)
3. Better Man (Heathen Chemistry; track #11)
4. Gas Panic (Standing on the Shoulders of Giants; track #6)
5. Headshrinker (B-side)

*honourable mention:
See the Sun (demo)(powerful version)<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm --<br /><br />A lot of obvious and 'charty' choices by many people.

I actually don't like the albums What's the story Morning Glory or Be Here Now. Too slow, too soft, too 'charty', too commercial, not rocky enough for me! and they are what casual Oasis fans define as Oasis. They see the commercial success of WTSMG and how well the singles did as well from that album and judge all Oasis things on that. Then too many people got sucked in by that and expected BHN to be another 'charty', commercial powerhouse. But many writers criticised that album and then the more casual Oasis fans and impressionable people who follow the masses always claim "Oasis never got back to how good they were on the second album". But for me it's poor! Oasis got back to the form of their first album gradually after Standing on the Shoulders of Giants onwards!

1. Slide away
2. Live forever
3. Shakermaker
4. Whatever
5. D'yer wanna be a spaceman

1. Slide Away .. Epic

2. Whatever

3. Dont Go Away .. just spent £20 on this. getting it shipped over as it was only released in Japan

4. Shout it out loud

5. Acquiece

5 really isn't enough

danburge82 said:

5. Headshrinker (B-side)

*honourable mention:
See the Sun (demo)(powerful version)

-- Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm --

A lot of obvious and 'charty' choices by many people.

I actually don't like the albums What's the story Morning Glory or Be Here Now. Too slow, too soft, too 'charty', too commercial, not rocky enough for me! and they are what casual Oasis fans define as Oasis. They see the commercial success of WTSMG and how well the singles did as well from that album and judge all Oasis things on that. Then too many people got sucked in by that and expected BHN to be another 'charty', commercial powerhouse. But many writers criticised that album and then the more casual Oasis fans and impressionable people who follow the masses always claim "Oasis never got back to how good they were on the second album". But for me it's poor! Oasis got back to the form of their first album gradually after Standing on the Shoulders of Giants onwards!

Nonsense. That post sounds to me like you're trying to be a bigger fan than everyone else.

I agree that WTSMG is overrated but if you can't recognise that WTSMG has some excellent melodies (Cast No Shadow, DLBIA) whilst retaining the sneer of DM in Morning Glory, then you should give up. A better album than most bands will ever produce.

With the exception of Gas Panic, and a few decent pop tunes, everything post WTSMG is pretty average.

nashark said:
danburge82 said:

5. Headshrinker (B-side)

*honourable mention:
See the Sun (demo)(powerful version)

-- Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:41 pm --

A lot of obvious and 'charty' choices by many people.

Nonsense. That post sounds to me like you're trying to be a bigger fan than everyone else.

I agree that WTSMG is overrated but if you can't recognise that WTSMG has some excellent melodies (Cast No Shadow, DLBIA) whilst retaining the sneer of DM in Morning Glory, then you should give up. A better album than most bands will ever produce.

With the exception of Gas Panic, and a few decent pop tunes, everything post WTSMG is pretty average.

Nonsence. Heathen Chemistry is one of Oasis greatest albums, Hindu times, force of nature, stop crying your heart out, songbird, little by little, better man. any one of them songs could fit in nicely on WTSMG

Dont beleive the truth and dig out your soul were both great aswell - just didnt come with the hype and expectation they had in the 90's

Top Oasis Tunes-
1. Don't Look Back in Anger (The first Oasis song I ever heard)
2. Whatever (greatest sing-song tune of them all)
3. The Hindu Times (especially live, the great drum drive at the beginning)
4. Cloudburst (Live Forever B-Side)
5. Slide Away (don't know, don't care, all I know is you can take me there)

Changes on a weekly basis for me but i'll try and take an average of my favourites and go for.....

1. Slide Away
2. Rock N Roll Star
3. Acquiesce
4. Cigarettes & Alcohol
5. Supersonic

Yes...i like the rocky ones!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.