Oasis...

"It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

Real shame this. Gutted I sold my Wembley tickets last month.

Big drama in a teacup.

I really don't care. Much as I loved Oasis it isn't as if the Beatles had split up is it?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I'm sure there will be lots of snide things said over the coming days about Oasis...

I was there tonight. It is fucking devastating to see people you love, admire, and have looked up to, implode on this level. Oasis will always be the band who changed my life. They are the band of our generation. Inextricably linked with my teenage years, my twenties, and beyond. I was there at the Academy, Maine Road, and so many shows beyond that. Only a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking one of our first team to see Oasis and meet them for the first time. City was one of the few constants they had in their life...

Whatever happens, when everything will be said and done, Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory will live on in the same way the first Sex Pistols album, the way Sgt Pepper, Harvest, Nevermind, and plethora of other albums will live on.

"...you and I we're gonna live forever..."

Aye, they'll get trashed in the next few days, but I grew up on Oasis. Thanks lads.

it was the refunds that pushed him over the edge ;) fucking hell it's not like it's the first time they have spilt up is it

BillyShears said:

I'm sure there will be lots of snide things said over the coming days about Oasis...

I was there tonight. It is fucking devastating to see people you love, admire, and have looked up to, implode on this level. Oasis will always be the band who changed my life. They are the band of our generation. Inextricably linked with my teenage years, my twenties, and beyond. I was there at the Academy, Maine Road, and so many shows beyond that. Only a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking one of our first team to see Oasis and meet them for the first time. City was one of the few constants they had in their life...

Whatever happens, when everything will be said and done, Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory will live on in the same way the first Sex Pistols album, the way Sgt Pepper, Harvest, Nevermind, and plethora of other albums will live on.

did thet say anything from te stage billy?

BillyShears said:

Agree with you completely. The band I was obsessed with as a teenager. Made me interested in music, made me pick up a guitar and probably influenced 90% of the bands that are about today.

svennis pennis said:
BillyShears said:

did thet say anything from te stage billy?

They got nowhere near the stage.

Noel "left the building" without telling any of the band he was leaving. Liam was left to make everyone's apologies...

EDIT:

When I say everyone's apologies..I mean apologizing to the rest of the band, the crew, and the people around. There was no way he could make a statement like that to the crowd...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.