Oasis...

Mr Gumby said:
To be fair, I think they should have quit while they were ahead, i.e. late 1990s. They were never, ever going to better albums one and two. Noel can now concentrate on solo career (he'll be great, I reckon) and Liam can continue with his paparazzi-abusing and fashion designing.

Sad day. Fond memories. Best wishes to two proud Blues.

Disagree with that, as albums their efforts since and including Standing on the shoulders haven't measured up with their 90's stuff (be here now excepted, good as it is though), but some of the songs in the last efforts are all-time favorites of mine.

One of the best bands ever, can't wait to see what Noel comes out with though. Best of luck to the both of them (plus Gem, Andy and the rest).

I have to admit to be devestated by the news. I've grown up with the music and it has been an integral part of my life. I just hope Noel comes back and does something.

chrisi said:
absolutely devastated

oasis are/were one of the best bands ever :(

noel is an absolute hero aswell

Were, not are. I went 3 albums beyond Be Here Now and finally gave up on them. Their B-sides were better than their singles. Noel will do better on his own IMO.

Gutted myself their last album was superb but they have left a good catalogue of songs even a lot of the B sides where quality Maine Road gig was amazing. And no doubt solo stuff on the way

Grew up listening to Oasis and seen them once, but I'm not gutted or owt, how many times has this happened before?

'It's only a rock group that split up, it's nothing important. You know, you have all the old records there if you want to reminisce' - John Lennon.

Seen Oasis a few times, most notably in Majorca, didnt know they were on when I went, but they were, no one there, right at the front with room to spare, awesome. Im 25, and not got an album since Giants, but, during my teens, with growing appreciation of music and football, Oasis and City fell into place. Noel IMO is smarter than people give him credit for, and if he continues music will be a successful solo artist, tho I feel Oasis were Noel plus musicians.

The 2 combined:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvqss4S_-I[/youtube]

Sad news. :-(

Oasis for me,as for so many others of my generation were the band that got me into music in the 1st place.
Being English and spending my early teen years living in rag and scouse infected N.Ireland,Oasis made it bareable and almost cool to be a City fan and I will be forever grateful.

Maybe their music has gone of the boil a bit but the 1st 3 albums for me will always have a place in my heart.

Oasis will always Live Forever!!

a band in the right place at the right time.take a look at the charts in the year before oasis came on the scene.i like them but wouldnt pay to see them.they have pulled out of too many gigs.now the people who have paid to see them in paris will be a bit pissed off.for some people oasis is liam.for some its noel.enjoy the fotty lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.