Oasis

Dont get me wrong I loved Oasis but since you ask Arctic Monkeys by far superior.

You'll probably get some stick for that, but i agree. They haven't just dined of their first 2 albums and have carried on making decent records

Dont get me wrong I loved Oasis but since you ask Arctic Monkeys by far superior.

Great band also, but far superior than Oasis ? That is just ridiculous. There wouldn't even be Arctics if it wasnt for Oasis - they used to idolize them.

They consider Oasis as an influence, hardly means they would never have formed had it not been for em.

They were a major influence. Like they was to many bands. That's a major difference. Arctics have never been in the same league as Oasis. But Music as I well know is all subjective.

Not sure why anyone would pay to see that lineup. Liam's voice went more than 10 years ago and the other original members were all piss poor musicians. I saw them loads of times back in the day but would have no interest in this.
Me too,reason I will go again is they will be playing songs that I like live.hopefully few more will be like you and can get tickets easily but I doubt it

I like The Arctic Monkeys but have they released anything anywhere near as good as Definitely Maybe or WTS Morning Glory? No chance.

Music is all about opinions though I guess but I really don't get that viewpoint.

Oasis are a big band, not a great band. Most of their stuff has little or no substance whatsoever and not many of their songs have stayed with me as I approach middle age.

Other than supersonic, Columbia, cast no shadow, force of nature and the importance of being idle the rest are just run of the mill, decent enough songs.

Arctic monkeys piss all over them as do quite a few other bands. I prefer to listen to the clash, the smiths, Arctic monkeys, Rolling Stones, radio head, arcade fire, doves, new order, David Bowie, morrissey, Lou reed, pulp, James, the jam, all ahead of oasis and that's just off the top of my head.

Overrated and over hyped.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.