Oasis

Oasis are a big band, not a great band. Most of their stuff has little or no substance whatsoever and not many of their songs have stayed with me as I approach middle age.

Other than supersonic, Columbia, cast no shadow, force of nature and the importance of being idle the rest are just run of the mill, decent enough songs.

Arctic monkeys piss all over them as do quite a few other bands. I prefer to listen to the clash, the smiths, Arctic monkeys, Rolling Stones, radio head, arcade fire, doves, new order, David Bowie, morrissey, Lou reed, pulp, James, the jam, all ahead of oasis and that's just off the top of my head.

Overrated and over hyped.

Rock n Roll Star
Live Forever
Slide Away
Back in Anger
The Masterplan
Whatever
Talk Tonight
Cigarettes And Alcohol
Hindu Times

Average songs ?

Not forgetting the countless amazing B sides they did !

If you say so. There's no point in debating it with you, it's like talking to a rag about footbal. They're the best ever, end of. Live forever for example though is a song that was good when I was a teenager but now is just an ok song.

If you cannot see the difference in quality of lyrics between say oasis and the clash, the smiths it more recently the arctic monkeys then I'm not sure what to say.

I'll leave you with the classic lyrical genius of "have you ever played with plasticine, or even tried a trampoline, thank you for your smile, it makes it all worthwhile, to us"???? Quality, thought provoking and emotional stuff.

If you say so. There's no point in debating it with you, it's like talking to a rag about footbal. They're the best ever, end of. Live forever for example though is a song that was good when I was a teenager but now is just an ok song.

If you cannot see the difference in quality of lyrics between say oasis and the clash, the smiths it more recently the arctic monkeys then I'm not sure what to say.

I'll leave you with the classic lyrical genius of "have you ever played with plasticine, or even tried a trampoline, thank you for your smile, it makes it all worthwhile, to us"???? Quality, thought provoking and emotional stuff.
Took the worst song from their catalogue to prove a point? As for arctic monkeys being better.Deary me

They are no where near lyrically the best.
There song structures are fairly basic.
They are no where near the most talented.

Yet, as a band they are up there with one of the best - the fact only Artic Monkeys can be named as a better band since says a lot.

They are no where near lyrically the best.
There song structures are fairly basic.
They are no where near the most talented.

Yet, as a band they are up there with one of the best - the fact only Artic Monkeys can be named as a better band since says a lot.

There have been plenty of better albums than anything oasis has produced since definitely maybe. So again id say that they're one of the most popular but not necessarily one of the best.

A good stadium gig type band if singing your heart out to live forever or shedding a tear to I'm outer time is your thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.