OCG - Liverpool - Albanians

My lads just come back after 3 years at uni. Only had one issue with a lad watching City in all the time he was there. Caught the train to every home game and had no problems. For me I would say it's who and where you get the accommodation. He was with unite students right outside Lime Street first year then Smithdown Road 2nd but with 7 others. That was a mess but 3rd year he lucked out sharing a 3 storey place with his mate for 500 a month near the centre. It's a good night out according to him

That's when i worked there. No problems at all.
I'm talking about football away support there ....did you ever go to Anfield or Goodison in the 70's/80's?

(without a liverpool or everton scarf on)

When the anny road end had zero segregation it was brutal. City fans being hunted and attacked.

Got the time la?

It was brutal back in the day very little quarter or mercy given by either side. It can still be iffy now at times. I was helping set up the banking on a ship in Liverpool in 2007. A few of us decided to go and watch Liverpool v Cardif in the league cup. After the game we were caught up in a big kick off due to the lads I was with dawdling as they didn't read the signs. I had but they thought I was mad as I tried to warn them. They didn't as the roar went up and they shit themselves lol. Cardiff got murdered.
A mate of mine was at that game. He was in a packed pub near Anfield, cant remember the name, when five Cardiff lads walked in. The one at the front who was also Sam Hammams bodyguard for a while, said we're Cardiff lads, anyone want it?. He surveyed the bar. Total silence. Fair enough he says and they walk back out. A punter in there goes good job so and so aren't here they'd have been battered. His pal pulled the curtain back to look out the window and said there's at least 200 of them stood outside. He saw the same lot clearing a mob of Scousers from the garage just prior to kick off before the police stepped in.

Scousers might be insular but I never once had a problem for not being one when I drank in suburban areas. The locals were approachable and would help with questions I had about getting somewhere etc.

My only real problem was their attitude that the city is the greatest place in the world and that they’re incapable of anything bad. That Liverpool FC are the greatest club ever. I can criticise City easily for mismanagement or poor behaviour yet their club were perfect.

A mate of mine was at that game. He was in a packed pub near Anfield, cant remember the name, when five Cardiff lads walked in. The one at the front who was also Sam Hammams bodyguard for a while, said we're Cardiff lads, anyone want it?. He surveyed the bar. Total silence. Fair enough he says and they walk back out. A punter in there goes good job so and so aren't here they'd have been battered. His pal pulled the curtain back to look out the window and said there's at least 200 of them stood outside. He saw the same lot clearing a mob of Scousers from the garage just prior to kick off before the police stepped in.

The ones I saw got battered after the game but they were heavily outnumbered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.