Off to Spain!!!

Dubai Blue said:
HardyBarlow said:
Bilboblue said:
Thailand......Spain is shit.

I'd rather Spain. Thailand is a dump.
Behave yourself.

Anyway, I'm off to Thailand on Thursday and then Bali.

banana097.gif
banana097.gif
banana097.gif
banana097.gif

Depends what you want from a holiday....if visiting 3rd world countries is your bag, then I suppose Thailand is as good as any around the world.

Bangkok is swealtering cess pit. It's constantly 30 degrees with nothing to see, bar the grand palace the odd buddha and a few wat's. The bar's are full of 50 year western blokes trying to buy Thai girls/boys and this constant bartering nature of the Thai people drives you to distraction. The tuk tuk drivers are a total annoyance and it's still 30 degrees!! In the backpackers bit, the bars closed at twelve when I was there and the red light area isn't a patch Hamburg let alone the 'dam.

I agree, the beaches are spectacular but you can forget getting 8 hours of sun in. As it's tropical you'll probably get 2 hours in the moring before it pisses down and once your are wet, you stay wet as the tropical air is full of moisture. I found Krabi to be very family oriented, but I believe Phuket and Koh samui are just Bangkok by the sea and suffer from the same sex tourism issues as Bangkok.

Give me Barcelona every day.

liamctid said:
Hammond said:
im going san antonio in Ibiza in two days, any other bluemooners gunna be there?

I fucking wish! Ibiza is unreal!

I'm off to my house in Spain on Wednesday... with my laptop!

id rather have a house in spain! i love ibiza i went last year, its great for us younguns! theres 5 of us goin, 3 rags an arsenal fan and me... ive packed the city tops!

HardyBarlow said:
Dubai Blue said:
HardyBarlow said:
Bilboblue said:
Thailand......Spain is shit.

I'd rather Spain. Thailand is a dump.
Behave yourself.

Anyway, I'm off to Thailand on Thursday and then Bali.

banana097.gif
banana097.gif
banana097.gif
banana097.gif

Depends what you want from a holiday....if visiting 3rd world countries is your bag, then I suppose Thailand is as good as any around the world.

Bangkok is swealtering cess pit. It's constantly 30 degrees with nothing to see, bar the grand palace the odd buddha and a few wat's. The bar's are full of 50 year western blokes trying to buy Thai girls/boys and this constant bartering nature of the Thai people drives you to distraction. The tuk tuk drivers are a total annoyance and it's still 30 degrees!! In the backpackers bit, the bars closed at twelve when I was there and the red light area isn't a patch Hamburg let alone the 'dam.

I agree, the beaches are spectacular but you can forget getting 8 hours of sun in. As it's tropical you'll probably get 2 hours in the moring before it pisses down and once your are wet, you stay wet as the tropical air is full of moisture. I found Krabi to be very family oriented, but I believe Phuket and Koh samui are just Bangkok by the sea and suffer from the same sex tourism issues as Bangkok.

Give me Barcelona every day.

Thailand is hardly a third world country.
Transport infrastructure is superb, so many decent hotels and guesthnouses to choose from.
I hate Bangkok but the rest of the country is really nice, with a couple of exceptions.
The people are friendly enough and seem genuinely happy to help you if you need any information about anything.
Seems like you went in the rainy season, if you had done your homework, you could have avoided the storms...... ;o)
2am is the official closing times for the bars, I would hazard a guess that you were there when an election was on, they reduce the opening hours then, or don't allow the bars to serve alcohol.
You are spot on though when you say it depends what you want from the holiday.
I'd take Thailand over anywhere in Spain anytime.
Phuket is really nice but if you want to avoid the red light areas, stay in Kamala, Karon or Kata, very nice places.
If you want a red light area to compare to Hamburg then Pattaya is the place to go, tho the only decent beach is either Sattahip, 30 mins away by car, or Koh Larn, the island off Pattaya Bay.
Some great deals to be had going there right now too

Hammond said:
liamctid said:
Hammond said:
im going san antonio in Ibiza in two days, any other bluemooners gunna be there?

I fucking wish! Ibiza is unreal!

I'm off to my house in Spain on Wednesday... with my laptop!

id rather have a house in spain! i love ibiza i went last year, its great for us younguns! theres 5 of us goin, 3 rags an arsenal fan and me... ive packed the city tops!
Just got back from San Antonio last Saturday - i'm not a youngster but I still love Ibiza - it's got something for everyone - i'd love to live there but unfortunately can't afford to as I need to work.

I'm sure you'll have a great time - hope the sun shines every day for you all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.