Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

No.

If he plays well next season before Christmas that's the time to offer an extension. That would mean he'd still got one and a half seasons to go on his current deal, so nowhere near being into his last season.

He's gone missing for 2/3rds of this season and the last half of Sven's season, so he's a lot of credit to win back. Just because he was player of the month a couple of months ago means nothing; sometimes he's been the "disappearing" player of the month for several months at a time, never mind one, so he needs to do a lot more, imo. That attitude could have damaged us badly on the pitch, and he totally deserved his treatment from the management team. No wonder he was a bench player at Shaktar.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fabulous player, but his lackadaisical attitude really annoyed me as the very best players always have commitment to go with talent; we know he's got the latter, he's got to prove he's got the former. Good man management, imo, is to make it clear he'll get his contract IF (and only if) he earns it.

Rösler's Dad said:
No.

If he plays well next season before Christmas that's the time to offer an extension. That would mean he'd still got one and a half seasons to go on his current deal, so nowhere near being into his last season.

He's gone missing for 2/3rds of this season and the last half of Sven's season, so he's a lot of credit to win back. Just because he was player of the month a couple of months ago means nothing; sometimes he's been the "disappearing" player of the month for several months at a time, never mind one, so he needs to do a lot more, imo. That attitude could have damaged us badly on the pitch, and he totally deserved his treatment from the management team. No wonder he was a bench player at Shaktar.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fabulous player, but his lackadaisical attitude really annoyed me as the very best players always have commitment to go with talent; we know he's got the latter, he's got to prove he's got the former. Good man management, imo, is to make it clear he'll get his contract IF (and only if) he earns it.
yeah i agree

Marvin said:
Close him down, and he's half the player. I have never seen him play well away from home

Missed the Everton match a few weeks ago?.

Re: OFFER ELANO A NEW CONTRCT YES OR NO

BillyShears said:
Ah, but Stevie Ireland did. He was our player of the season, and he was the one keeping Elano on the bench. After all, he was the one playing in Elano's favoured position...

Not sure what you're point is. If we're only going to look at contracting players that played like Ireland did last season, we'll have a squad of 1.

Why don't we wait until the end of this transfer window, and then discuss whether we have enough "flair" players in the team.

Perhaps we should stop all discussion on players and transfers so we can wait until the end of August.

It does make me warm and fuzzy inside to know that I have made you laugh twice today. I wish I could say the same for your posts, but alas, no. They are as dull, dry, and myopic as ever...but please carry on.

PMSL...again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.