Offer Elano a new contract? Yes or no?

moomba said:
Marvin said:
Close him down, and he's half the player. I have never seen him play well away from home

Missed the Everton match a few weeks ago?.

One swallow does not a summer make!

I am in complete agreement with Rosler's dad. No need to offer him a new contract now, and the fact that HE has come out in the press, unprovoked, to say that he needs a new contract in a world cup year, or he will need to move, is simply nonsensical and needless agitating. Surely what he needs in a world cup year is time on the pitch - which he will get, if he shows the requisite attitude, as everyone is in agreement that he has the talent. The fact that he will be out of contract in 2012 is irrelevant.

In reality he is throwing his toys out of the pram, repeatedly, at a time when he's had his longest run in the team under Hughes and seemingly won the manager round. That suggests that he is a somewhat flaky character. We could put up with the outbursts if he performed consistently, but he does not. So perhaps he should look at himself before publicly requesting a move.

If he still has 2 years left, then no not yet. Give him another season and if he starts whinging about not playing enough then get rid. However, if he proves he's good enough and is prepared to be a squad player, then fine, give him a new contract.

i vote yes, even if its just to keep robby happy. plus he can produce moments of sheer brilliance!

i really like elano and have always thought he appreciates our support but his recent comments have made me doubt it....i think we should because we need a strong squad

Don't think hes earnt the right for a new one yet.
I think he great at times but if we can make a profit sell him to inter go.
I don't think you'd ever get the consistent performances out of the guy over a season.

yes, i dont care what other poeple are saying (havent checked like but still), go on youtube and look at THE freekick he scored against newcastle. nuf said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.