Official: 2009/10 Seasoncard news

interpol said:
9 pages......and all could have been avoided if the Club just released the damn prices. Only at City could "news" be anything but.
Just how much more cryptic could they have made that statement. Who is getting the bigger reduction....surely not juniors who only pay £95 now!

As for fans in Oz who will never put their hands in their pockets for a season ticket, criticising those here that are trying to do so in the current economic climate......well I've heard it all now.
I can't speak for the guy in Oz, but you don't know him personally, so maybe he does.

I maintained a season ticket for my first 5 years abroad. It was only this year (when I finally accepted that I won't be going back for at least another few years) that I gave it up. Still, it helped turn my nephew into a Blue, so it was worth it!!!

how can city release such a non sensical announcement.

the whole thing is shrouded in mystery.

surely common sense would just say, here's the prices, this is what the savings are, we will hold the prices from now until season kick off, if new season ticket holders want a ticket, buy one of the 15000/18000 that are not taken presently.

how can something so simple be so complicated.

johnmc said:
Goater666 said:
How much do Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Juve and Milan fans pay for season tickets?

Investment means fuck all really. I seriously doubt ADUG are expecting a return on their investment. If we sold out the stadium at current prices we would probably bring in £18-£20 million a season in season tickets. If we sold the same amount as we did last season we'd bring in around £15 million

Don't know how much they pay mate. They arent in this country. If your saying that it isnt as much as us then fair enough but how are they in relation to the rest of the clubs in their leagues?

Maybe they arent looking at a return but they arent just gonna throw money away indiscriminately.

If they're happy to pay Bellamy and Bridge just shy of 100k a week, then havent i got a right to be slight pee'd that i've only got a "price freeze"?

Maybe i got my hopes up that we might actually buck the trend that English clubs rip off their fans, i was hoping we would fill the ground ala Schalke.

Goater666 said:
If they're happy to pay Bellamy and Bridge just shy of 100k a week, then havent i got a right to be slight pee'd that i've only got a "price freeze"?

Maybe i got my hopes up that we might actually buck the trend that English clubs rip off their fans, i was hoping we would fill the ground ala Schalke.

Well if they didnt pay the players that sort of money then they wouldnt play for us and our team would be worse because of it, as a result we could go down, and then you would be moaning how we arent in the premier league and how investment was needed.

Why do you think City owe you a discount because of the economy - get on to the council and ask why you havent had a council tax reduction or an income tax reduction. Oh the goverment have given us a 2.5% VAT reduction to help out in the current economy, we are offering an average of 7%.

johnmc said:
interpol said:
As for fans in Oz who will never put their hands in their pockets for a season ticket, criticising those here that are trying to do so in the current economic climate......well I've heard it all now.

Why, is he not allowed an opinion?? If he came over for one game every two years it would cost him about as much as two years season tickets.

He might be saying if he could he would be more than happy to pay that.

Well if having a pop at someone who's trying to scrape the cash together for a season ticket is "having an opinion" then fine. Just struck me as a bit double standards since he won't be dipping into his own pocket for one. Always the critic....never the artist......easy money.

Dubai Blue said:
Great news. Well played City.

I wonder how the press can turn this into a negative!!

something like this..

manchester City add to global warming !!!( Mcgarry sun newspaper group ))

As soon as news broke of manchester City's price reductions phone lines across the country were jammed by unhappy premiereship supporters, The power drain on the national grid was unrivalled. This lead to more coal fired power stations being built to cope with the demand.
The drain on the internet caused a world wide shutdown thus leading to all important messages having to be delivered by motor couriers, this lead to a world shortage on fuel thus rising the price of crude oil to $500.00 US per barrell....
analysts speculate that City's owners will double their wealth in approx 8 days due to these sky high prices..This has been seen as a purposefull move by Manchester City to cause the ruination of World football,the world economy and total Financial meltdown..

Dubai Blue said:
eato said:
Dubai Blue said:
Great news. Well played City.

I wonder how the press can turn this into a negative!!

"man city reduce season tickets prices in a desperate attempt to bolster their floundering matchday support at eastlands, also know as the council house"

There you go if the a mirror journo comes on here I've done his job for him
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city-destroy-the-world.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/manchester-city ... world.html</a>

Manchester, Feb 10 2009 - Manchester City's heartless TRILLIONAIRE owners today delivered a sensational snub to the hundreds of thousands of Britons recently made UNEMPLOYED by the global economic crisis, as well as to the victims of Israel's ATTACK on Gaza and the WILDFIRES in Victoria, Australia.

Choosing to ignore any semblance of humanity and compassion, the relegation-threatened club's ARAB owners have announced discounts of up to 17% on the cost of season tickets. But incredibly, the mega-rich Mansour family - which hails from the same region of the world as 9/11 TERRORIST mastermind Osama Bin Laden - have opted not to pass these savings onto the UK's Department of Social Services in order to help ease the burden of surging unemployment benefits caused by the CREDIT CRUNCH.

And in an unbelievably crass judgment call, Sheikh Mansour, who became a LAUGHING STOCK after his bungled attempt to sign former World Player of the Year Kaka, will be passing savings onto "Citeh's" supporters, who count CONVICTED CROOK Nick Leeson amongst their ranks, rather than donating them to charities working on behalf of victims in Gaza and Australia.

"It's pure greed and selfishness on a MASSIVE scale," said Manchester resident Terry Christian, 48, himself a victim of the uncontrollable rise in unemployment. "Some of these so-called supporters have only been following their team for 33 years without seeing them win a trophy. Why should they be rewarded ahead of the world's real VICTIMS? Some of these people are suffering MASSIVELY, yet this Iraqi bloke is just flinging money at football supporters. It smacks of BITTERNESS if I'm being completely honest"

As well as lag FRAUDSTER Leeson, Manchester City count rock 'n' roll hellraisers Liam and Noel Gallagher as supporters. Foul-mouthed Liam once snarled at a photographer and SPAT on stage during a concert, while older brother Noel regularly boasts about going on COCAINE binges in his younger days, seemingly oblivious to the DEATH and destruction that this drug has wrought upon Britain's youth.

The team plays at the City of Manchester Stadium in the northern city's RUN-DOWN Beswick district. Supporters of all-conquering local rivals United mockingly call it the Council House after the ground was given to the club completely FREE OF CHARGE following the 2004 Commonwealth Games.

Meanwhile, Manchester City's own classless brand of "supporters" are famous for MOCKING the dead of the 1958 ****** Air Disaster by setting off fireworks and BOOING during the minute's silence at the start of last season's Manchester Derby at United's Theatre of Dreams in Old Trafford, the country's biggest and most prestigious football stadium. The Blues, then managed by serial SEX ADDICT and England FAILURE Sven Goran Eriksson, fortuitiously won the game 2-1 after withstanding a blistering display of fine attacking football from Sir Alex's brave boys.

;-)

ha ha,

you should apply for a job there, or the mirror.

interpol said:
Well if having a pop at someone who's trying to scrape the cash together for a season ticket is "having an opinion" then fine. Just struck me as a bit double standards since he won't be dipping into his own pocket for one. Always the critic....never the artist......easy money.

You don't know him or his circumstances I presume.

johnmc said:
interpol said:

You don't know him or his circumstances I presume.

No, but then I'm only expressing an "opinion".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.