Official Aston Villa v City Match Thread

No doubt "Mr Substition" aka Mark Hughes will leave it as it is for another 20 minutes or so.

And perhaps for once I would agree. We aren't playing brilliantly but it's not that bad and we will surely be better 2nd half. Tevez has been poor, but who would bet against him scoring? And Ade is only a header away from a goal.

The haven't threatened at all, apart from Dunne's <ahem> fine effort.

PowderBlue said:
Villa well organised and defending in banks of four. We will break then down in time, but will it be in time?

This is precisely it.

Strangely we have nothing of the inventiveness and movement of the West Ham game . We are playing a fairly rigid 442 and Bellers/SWP will never prosper with that.

Good game.

Villa are defending brilliantly and of course Richard Dunne is giving the performance of his career! Fair play to him, he's immense tonight and top respect with the non-celebration...

Villa can't keep this up. Can they? We need to hold the ball up better and get behind them but, atm we can't.

I'd think about RSC for Tevez so Ade can drop off and get it. I reckon he'd do more with it than Carlos has. He's seen a lot of it but not done much with it really. Doesn't seem at it and Villa seem happy to let him have it.

Long way to go...

I'd put money on us plugging away for 35mins in 2nd half, finally getting a goal, only to immediately concede again from the next ball into our box.

Time for Hughes to earn his money.Dont think we're shit,Villa just the most organised team we've come up against so far this season.They will get a 2nd so how will we score 3?

Aussie! said:
mat said:
If Ireland is being benched because the team are playing well without him why wasn't ade?

Just a thought.

wait..what?

Just pointing out Ade walks straight back into the side whilst Ireland is benched. We won 2 out of 3 without him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.