Official Bin Dippers v CITY Thread

Posted this on another thread but thought i'd cut and paste on this one as it's relevent:

........................Shay........................

Zab..........Toure..........Lescott.......Bridge

.......................De Jong........................

...............Ireland...........Barry................

........Tevez......................Bellamy.........

.........................Ade...........................

I would like to see DJ.....Barry.....Ireland all starting again like we had against the Rags and Arsenal
This is what suits our game:
DJ being the enforcer, protecting the back four and picking up on Gerrards attacking runs. (MOM there last season so he knows what to do)
Barry picking up the pieces which he's good at and coming short for the ball so we don't have to hoof it up front (link defence to attack)
Ireland winning the ball in the middle but licence to do his late runs in the box as long as Barry sits.
From where i'm sitting current formation is the reason for our latest run of draws as it doesn't suit the players and they are suffering i.e: Ireland, Barry, DJ, Bridge, Bellamy and even Tevez as long balls are no good for him, he wants it to feet.
Our game should be built around closing down and counter attacking just like against Arsenal and Rags.
Johnson is a threat for them when he pushes on but if we win the ball back quickly we can exploit the space he leaves with Bellers pace, the same on the other side with Tevez.
If either full back decides to push on DJ or Barry can sit in and cover and the rest shuffle over depending on what side.
I was thinking about putting SWP in and push Tevez up on his own like we did against the Rags to hassle there back four but i think Ade will cause Carragher problems and Tevez workrate is definately needed in this one.
Carragher finds tall players hard to play against and i think we could win a few cheap free kicks on the edge of the box from him.

Play the above team and tactics the Result: 1-3

Dippers: Kuyt
City: Ade......Bellers.....Ireland

It worked well earlier in the season and i think this is our best formation......please, please, please go back to it!!!!!

Carragher is out for another two games.

Despite what it says on the bbc site Riera and Yossi would be huge risks only 12 days after pulling hamstrings.

Torres won't play , Gerrard is still under an injury cloud and if we cannot get something against this side it will more disappointing than any of results so far with maybe the exception of Fulham and Burnley.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Robbie won't be fit enough to start and even if he was he shouldn't just start, he'll have to earn his way back in, he does nout away anyway. And why are people dropping Bridge because of one bad game?

How do you earn your way back in? sell your soul to the sheep god? If he plays he plays because MH thinks hes the best option. Of course if he doesnt score a hatrick or defend better than Toure then he didnt earn the right.

Agree 100% about Bridge though, played well for England and will be better for us for that.

Danamy said:
Posted this on another thread but thought i'd cut and paste on this one as it's relevent:

........................Shay........................

Zab..........Toure..........Lescott.......Bridge

.......................De Jong........................

...............Ireland...........Barry................

........Tevez......................Bellamy.........

.........................Ade...........................

I would like to see DJ.....Barry.....Ireland all starting again like we had against the Rags and Arsenal
This is what suits our game:
DJ being the enforcer, protecting the back four and picking up on Gerrards attacking runs. (MOM there last season so he knows what to do)
Barry picking up the pieces which he's good at and coming short for the ball so we don't have to hoof it up front (link defence to attack)
Ireland winning the ball in the middle but licence to do his late runs in the box as long as Barry sits.
From where i'm sitting current formation is the reason for our latest run of draws as it doesn't suit the players and they are suffering i.e: Ireland, Barry, DJ, Bridge, Bellamy and even Tevez as long balls are no good for him, he wants it to feet.
Our game should be built around closing down and counter attacking just like against Arsenal and Rags.
Johnson is a threat for them when he pushes on but if we win the ball back quickly we can exploit the space he leaves with Bellers pace, the same on the other side with Tevez.
If either full back decides to push on DJ or Barry can sit in and cover and the rest shuffle over depending on what side.
I was thinking about putting SWP in and push Tevez up on his own like we did against the Rags to hassle there back four but i think Ade will cause Carragher problems and Tevez workrate is definately needed in this one.
Carragher finds tall players hard to play against and i think we could win a few cheap free kicks on the edge of the box from him.

Play the above team and tactics the Result: 1-3

Dippers: Kuyt
City: Ade......Bellers.....Ireland

It worked well earlier in the season and i think this is our best formation......please, please, please go back to it!!!!!
I'd swap Tevez for Weiss.Carragher will have to mark him.That should be a laugh with carras lack of pace.

rastus said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
Robbie won't be fit enough to start and even if he was he shouldn't just start, he'll have to earn his way back in, he does nout away anyway. And why are people dropping Bridge because of one bad game?

How do you earn your way back in? sell your soul to the sheep god? If he plays he plays because MH thinks hes the best option. Of course if he doesnt score a hatrick or defend better than Toure then he didnt earn the right.

Agree 100% about Bridge though, played well for England and will be better for us for that.
Well I think that Bellamy has done enough to keep his place, therefore Robbie will have to wait for an injury or a drop in form from him to replace him. And when does happen he will then have to play well and stay fit to keep Bellers out.

Red scouse 4 - 0 City
They're due to spank someone and were due a spanking.

Given
Zabaleta - Touré - Lescott - Bridge
-------------Kompany--------------
---------------------Barry----------
---------Ireland--------------------
----Tevez----------------Bellamy--
------------Adebayor---------------

For all NDJ's tenacity and energy, Kompany as anchor man gives us a better shape with and without the ball. I'm fed up of seeing us wide open, players spread out too far, fed up of seeing the ball being given away so much, so i'd play Tevez narrow, with ireland and zab free to overlap, but Bellamy still has to start off wide and cut in. If Bridge is intent on going forward, Barry has to cut out his attacking runs altogether. It's all about Ade really. Agger and Carragher are strong enough but slow, and if tevez ireland and bellamy can do their bit to wear down liverpool's resistance, he should find some space to dance about in.

2 top 4 quality sides in very poor form. liverpool are at home but are severely weakened. very frustating that we havnt taken our chance to take this shite league by storm. unfortunatly i think liverpool are better at coping with these big games and will win this one. although i do think it will be an open game so in theory should suit us. 2-0 liverpool.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.