Official Bluemoon Fantasy League

whothefisAlice said:
zoffie said:
whothefisAlice said:
I think it is likely yes. Not for 90mins, but very likely those three will all start.

I think most Chelsea fans say this is their starting 11 as of right now...if not then at least very similar.
Cech
Ivanovic Terry Luiz Cole

Ramires Essien

Mata Lampard Hazard
Torres

That would be my starting 11. Oscar, Marin, Meireles, Cahill, Lukaku, Sturridge, GK bench. Fuck me they have so many attacking options and little def coverage.

1st XI before Olympic returnees

------Torres
Marin Hazard Ramires
---Lampard Mikel
A.Cole Terry Luiz Ivanovic
-------Cech

I'd say they're all likely to get a lot of game time
along w/ Oscar, Mata & Sturridge...

I think Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Mikel & Hazard will be the spine of the team
i.e. most likely to play every game.

Not sure about Cahill

Good shouts are Marin as Chelsea will depend on his directness
Sturridge as he has the potential to be potent.
& Ramires as he's a solid performer.

Marin over Mata...I highly doubt that mate.

I thought Chelsea had already said Mata wont play in the first few weeks of the season? I've been avoiding him in my team because of that!

He has played no more football than any other professional footballer in preseason. He was a bit part of the Euro 2012 winning team and Spain were knocked out after 2 matches of the Olympics.

If anything, he should be fitter than anyone. Is that Chelsea's reasoning for that claim about Mata mate?

I would hate to leave him out and him play during the first gameweek and pick up 20pts. Wouldn't bode well for me imo.

whothefisAlice said:
He has played no more football than any other professional footballer in preseason. He was a bit part of the Euro 2012 winning team and Spain were knocked out after 2 matches of the Olympics.

If anything, he should be fitter than anyone. Is that Chelsea's reasoning for that claim about Mata mate?

I would hate to leave him out and him play during the first gameweek and pick up 20pts. Wouldn't bode well for me imo.

Yeh, to be fair I did read it a few weeks ago so I think they were probably expecting him to be a major player for Spain in the Olympics. And for them to get a bit further than the group stage as well !

Bluemoon dan said:
whothefisAlice said:
zoffie said:
1st XI before Olympic returnees

------Torres
Marin Hazard Ramires
---Lampard Mikel
-------Cech

I'd say they're all likely to get a lot of game time
along w/ Oscar, Mata & Sturridge...

I think Cech, A.Cole, Terry, Mikel & Hazard will be the spine of the team
i.e. most likely to play every game.

Not sure about Cahill

Good shouts are Marin as Chelsea will depend on his directness
Sturridge as he has the potential to be potent.
& Ramires as he's a solid performer.

Marin over Mata...I highly doubt that mate.

I thought Chelsea had already said Mata wont play in the first few weeks of the season? I've been avoiding him in my team because of that!

Right..

------Torres
Marin Hazard Ramires
---Lampard Mikel
-------Cech

This team is the team that starts the season. i.e w/o Olimpians

Mata had the u21's before the start of last season after a Season w/ Valencia where he was focal.
Then I believe he mussssst have been the most played player for Chelsea & that's
Chelsea that supposedly played more matches than any other top club in Europe
& we had a game every 3 days in the last 2 months of the season being in the FA Cup & the UCL.

Then he went to the Euros & although he didn't play you have to realise these players have to train & stay in tip top condition so they are ready when called upon.
Then he has to keep fit to train & play for the Olympics as well...

I'd be surprised if they rush Mata back, I expect them to give him a break.

This was the only thing I can find toprove I wasnt making it up!

Its from the Daily Mail so I dont blame you if you dont click on it but it was from early July and does say it depends how long Spain stay in the Olympic competition for and then they'll make a decision so it may all be irrelevant now anyway.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2168906/Chelsea-face-losing-Juan-Mata-September-London-Olympics.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... mpics.html</a>

i'm taking a massive risk and putting Pappiss Cisse and Jelavic up front, better come up with the goods next season

Ell-ano said:
i'm taking a massive risk and putting Pappiss Cisse and Jelavic up front, better come up with the goods next season

i wouldnt call that a massive risk picking them two, not at all.
both hit the ground running last season, both look they can go on scoring streaks,
theyre prices are reasonable, and will skyrocket if either start on fire, youll be quids in as price rises as people ditch more expensive strikers for lesser cost ones on form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.