Official Brum v City Thread

All this "We're in the top four!" crap is so incredibly shortsighted that it's making my head explode.

When you play a stretch of games against Wigan, Fulham, and Birmingham City and you walk away with grand total of three points, that's a major blow to your season ambitions, no matter what they are.

Even a relegation candidate would be disappointed with just three points from those three fixtures.

Winless now in four in the league and with just the one West Ham win in the last six in the league. Atrocious form that needs to change right now or City won't be anywhere near the top four at the end of the season -- the only time when it actually means a damn thing.

Somud said:
WTF? No Weiss? This is ridiculous. Of course he has to be at this game, what kind of awful signal do you guys want to send to our youth? Weiss should get 30 minutes as sub in this game, that is for sure.

Ireland on for SWP of course, that's a given.

Zab-Toure-Lescott-Bridge

Ireland-De Jong-Barry

Bellamy-Ade-Petrov

Subs: Taylor, Kompany, Johnson, SWP, Weiss, Tevez, RSC
Bellamy is no good on the right and we don't need both Barry and De Jong sitting in front of the back four.

I think de jong is a quality player but when playing certain teams we need to be more offensive than defensive!

I was really dissapointed today, like other i feel Dejong and Barry are to defensive.

Look at the results beginning of the season when Ireland and Barry were in midfiels.

BUT - we are 4th with a game in hand and have played 6 of our 10 games away from home without robiniho for most of them. Things are still looking good for the season so lets not get to down beat. I thought except for one mistake were Lescott showed to much confidence trying to keep the ball in play when he should have cleared for a corner he had a very good game. SWP looked mor like the Sean of old.

My only real gripe is that if MH has a problem with Ireland as stated on another thread then he needs to get over it quickly for the sake of the team.

bravo to Given, but again, we could have maybe stolen the 3 points here with a different team. I miss Ireland in the team, we need this player. we were away to Brum not United. I would have liked to see a bit more of a killer instinct out of MH and the team.

at least we didn't lose, but another 2 points left on the shelf.

Who else won away in the Premiership this weekend? I think Chelsea were the only team, and that was largely due to a penalty incident in 1st half injury time.

Birmingham are no mugs at home and they are an improving team.

We are the 4th best team in the country at the moment. Should we have expected better today, or in the season so far? Don't think so. I did not expect us to beat Birmingham

I don't think the balance in midfield is right, and the forwards don't really combine as well as they might. Can only give this time. And we were missing our 3 best players in Robinho, Toure and Adebayor.

Marvin said:
Who else won away in the Premiership this weekend? I think Chelsea were the only team, and that was largely due to a penalty incident in 1st half injury time.

We are the 4th best team in the country at the moment. Should we have expected better today, or in the season so far? Don't think so. I did not expect us to beat Birmingham

I don't think the balance in midfield is right, and the forwards don't really combine as well as they might. Can only give this time. And we were missing our 3 best players in Robinho, Toure and Adebayor.

At last, some sense. Nothing wrong with a point away from home, especially when we werent at our best. I'd have taken 4th in the table with a game in hand on the 1st Nov if you offered it me at the start of the season.

Yes, disappointing to have 4 draws on the bounce, but at least we're not losing week in week out like we were doing not too long ago...

shauny had a class game and got back and defended well, de jong was just shit, bridge was class again, kompany looked lost and confused, given was awsome, zab can't cross, and yet again the team looked happy with the draw and no sense of passion came into the squad, where is the ergency, it only ever appears when we are 1-0 down and it's really starting to piss me off now!

I wouldn't have minded the draw if we had given everything but we clearly didn't, nobody looked arsed, the defence need to communicate, look at all the class centrebacks they all talk, we just don't, how do you sort the problems out if you don't communicate it can't be hughes job all of the time! lescott needs to start taking control and getting into the players who defend badly because the captain who ever it is clearly doesn't, and why dejong was captain i have no idea!

credit to birmingham though they pressed us and made us make mistakes and played the right tactics, we need to start putting more men behind the ball like fulham, even united do it ffs, its just too easy to get behind the defence or even run at the defence and its making are defenders look rubbish!

Marvin said:

You didnt expect us to beat Birmingham! when teams like Bolton went to St Andrews and walked away with all 3 points!... you have far too low expectations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.