Official Brum v City Thread

Why do you continue comparing with last year? Our squad in the last year was totally different than the current squad. with all the support we are getting we should have done better.

Please do not forget that we are in the 4th place because we have won the first four games, but if we continoue loosing points the way we are doing now we will not have any chance to come close to the 6th place imo.

keeprighton said:
no way mate you didnt test our keeper once really,im just gutted because we missed a pen...
kinkysleftfoot said:
I think that is a bit unfair a draw was a fair result

Respect where its due, you were the better team but couldnt put us away. If you keep playing like that at home i dont think you will have many problems staying up this season.

That Benitez looks like a good prospect IMO. Goals will surely come for him if you stick with a 4-4-2 formation.

Why do you continue comparing with last year? Our squad in the last year was totally different than the current squad. with all the support we are getting we should have done better.

Please do not forget that we are in the 4th place because we have won the first four games, but if we continoue loosing points the way we are doing now we will not have any chance to come close to the 6th place imo.

We can come up with excuses for certain players until we're blue in the face, and some of those excuses might even have a thread of truth to them, but what's inescapable is that games against promoted sides, and sides that will be in relegation fights come April, simply have to be 3 points if you're going to eb a top 4 side. We were pretty much awful today, no-one, Given aside, played well. The passing was poor, the defending was paniced and the delivery into the box was woeful. Maik Taylor didn't have a shot worthy of the name to save, and that's not good enough.

1 win from our last 6 league games isn't anywhere near where we need to be.

modgeblue said:
petrov needs to start he looked a threat when he came on

agreed! while robinho isnt fit, petrov should be starting.. im sure we would have had more chances in the first half as a result of him starting!

bellamy has scored more goals fromt he right-hand side of the pitch this season, and if petrov played on the left, bellamy could carry on that way!

Gutted....no excuses we should be doing better than that given the talent...bottom line Hughes is managing expectations down...with the help of Andy Gray et al...without superman we have no link play to the front players....Hughes is playing for top 6 we all want top 4.....far to defensive for me...our goal diff and goals scored tells you the story of the Hughes plan..

I had November as a 10 point month...bad start....but minor changes in formation and attitude and we have the talent to win the next 3...we need to start thinking like a big four team and expect to win these sorts of games...and put an attacking midfield out...

given 10 zabaleta 6 kompany 4 lescott 5 bridge 5 swp 7 barry 5 de jong 5 bellamy 6 tevez 6 santa cruz 5.
I thought swp was our most threatening, but he really needs to work on his crossing. kompany and lescott very shaky, what was wrong with barry, santa cruz not fit, at least i hope that was the problem.

keeprighton said:
no way mate you didnt test our keeper once really,im just gutted because we missed a pen...

Im just gutted that we missed out on a definate penalty because some randomer decides to take a lie down for a bit.

But to be fair you did play well, we were a bit shit but Given was awsome and thats what gave us the draw.

We kept on giving the ball away but fortunately for us your shots werent as good as Given's saves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.